Machine Operator Elgin, Illinois
Job Ref: 36681
MACHINE OPERATORS NEEDED IN ELGIN IL DIRECT HIRE 1ST & 2ND SHIFTS 20.00HR
Openings: 1st & 2nd Shift openings!!
1. MACHINE OPERATOR 1st SHIFT
1st Shift: Hours: 6:00am-4:30pm Overtime Required?: Yes
IL – $16.85hr-$18.00/hr/Machine Operator I/1st Shift/ $1,000 Sign On Bonus/$1,000 Bono De Inicio Elgin IL
2. MACHINE OPERATOR 2nd SHIFT
IL – $20.00hr/Machine Operator III/2nd Shift Packaging
Hours: 4:00 pm to 3:00 am / $1,000 Sign On Bonus/$1,000, Elgin IL
Base Pay:$20.00 / Hour
o Other Compensation: + 2.00 Shift Differential = $22.00 Hour
o Minimum Experience: 2 Years: Maximum Experience: 10 Years
Job Title: Machine Operator 1st & 2nd Shift Needed!
Reports to Job Title: Production Supervisor
Fair Labor Standards Act Status (FLSA): Exempt Non-Exempt X Hourly
Summary of the Position:
The machine operator I operates and maintains one simple machine or one machine line and ensures it is running efficiently with minimum supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sets up machine-loading and monitors to ensure it is running efficiently. (50%)
• Follows work order, quality controls and sanitation procedures concerning weights, packs, descriptions, dates UPC’s, cleanup and changeovers. (10%)
• Performs quality control and material waste checks. (10%)
• Directs/instructs machine line personnel in specific job duties. (5%)
• Performs pre-operational checks. (5%)
• Maintains and exceeds production, quality and safety standards. (5%)
• Loads product into hopper. (5%)
• Cleans machine properly after production runs or changeovers. (5%)
• Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area. (5%)
• Responsible for manufacturing, distributing and consistently maintaining safe and quality food by following good manufacturing practices, allergen controls, food defense, HACCP, SQF, and regulatory requirements.
• Aware and accountable for maintaining and documenting preventative controls necessary to ensure food safety and quality.
• Responsible for immediately reporting all food safety and quality issues to management.
• Responsible for partnering with others, sharing knowledge, skills and information within assigned team and across functional areas.
• Responsible for enhancing technical and functional competencies, as well as professional and leadership development.
Does this position have supervisory responsibility? Yes X No
• Prior manufacturing work experience is a plus
• Prior industrial truck experience a plus.
• Prior machine operator experience a plus.
• Capable of following verbal and written directions.
• Good manual dexterity, vision and mobility
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
• Basic math skills
• Ability to speak and read in English
• Mechanical ability
• Additional Information
• Hours: 6:00am-4:30pm
• Overtime Required?: Yes