Process Automation Technician Concord, North Carolina
Job Ref: 36655
Plastic Process Automation Technician openings 28-30 per hour Direct hire
Process Automation Technicians
looking for candidates with injection mold and plc troubleshooting skills is a MUST.
shifts are : 2nd shift weekdays 3pm-11pm need one for this shift
Weekend Shift Schedule :
need 1 for 7am -7pm Friday-Sunday & 1 for 7pm-7am Friday-Sunday
Job Title: Process Technician
Role: Inputs and maintains the data integrity of the shop floor inventory. Assists in the execution of the production plan. Function as group leader for areas, assuring uniform work flow according to priorities, keeping track of supplies and helping co-workers as needed.
- Main Interface: Reports to Manufacturing Supervisor
- Budget: N/A
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proven expeirence and knowledge in scientific molding principles
- Responsible for setting molds and automation, starting up/processing parts, daily PM tasks and working with other department leads to ensure they have the parts they need.
- Lead set up techs in the department to ensure process effecieny
- Motivated and motivating.
- Problem solver.
- Work to meet productivity objectives.
- Strong skills in trouble shooting molding issues to determine area of problem (mold, machine or material)
- Utilize 5S, continuous improvement and Lean tools daily to improve the department.
- Process & results driven
- Education: Required to be able to read, write and perform basic math. Prefer high school degree or GED.
- Experience: Minimum three months manufacturing experience. Prefer fork-lift experience and data entry experience.
- Basic reading and writing skills in English
- Math skills
- Work Keys Scores of Math 4, Locating Information 4, Reading for Information 4
- ASI System, Matrix and NCR Database
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work overtime when necessary
- Able to stand the majority of the work day.
- Able to perform repetitive job functions; hand mobility, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Manual dexterity required for assembly and operating tools and machines.
- Ability to safely operate moving equipment properly without risk to self, others and equipment.
- Ability and applied knowledge of the material handler job description.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required to be worn:
- Hearing Protection
- Eye Protection
- Certifications Required
- Fork-lift Certification.