Plant Engineer Secaucus, New Jersey
Job Ref: 36637
Job Description: Plant Engineer
Plans, directs, develops, and coordinates activities concerned with design, construction, and modification of equipment and machinery. Duties include the diagnosis and troubleshooting of all equipment plus must have strong knowledge of canning, thermal processing, form/fill packaging machinery, automatic case packing and processing/ blending equipment in order to maximize production capacity/efficiency.
- Must possess good project management skills and initiative in taking on and completing projects.
- Designing and developing manufacturing procedures, process efficiency and operator safety.
- Providing production line support, including, but not limited to, implementing process.
- Utilizing LEAN, Six Sigma and other best practice tools and principles for the day to day problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Work with manufacturing and quality departments during the concept, prototyping an release of new products.
- Generating and modifying manufacturing process documentation and assuring that manufacturing processes and related documentation follow established policies and procedures
- Safeguards company equipment assuring conformance to all machinery manufacturers specific criteria
- Prepares capital projects developing cost, layout and solicits competitive bids for evaluation.
- Direct charge of the overall Company’s Monthly Safety Programs and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Industrial Engineering preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 plus years of directly related experience
- Solid knowledge of the Auto CAD system.
- Good mechanical, analytical , and technical skills
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.