Millwright Mechanic Carteret, New Jersey
Job Ref: 36627
SEEKING A MILLWRIGHT MECHANIC ON DAY SHIFT IN CARTERET, NJ. THIS IS A DAY SHIFT ROLE M-F 8AM -5PM. PAY IS 28-32 PER HOUR AND ITS DIRECT HIRE.
MUST HAVES FOR THIS ROLE DONT APPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
UNDERSTANDS AND CAN OPERATE MANUEL LATHES & MANUEL MILLS
MECHANICAL MILLWRIGHT SKILLS
Job Description: Millwright
This position will support both the manufacturing and maintenance teams to assist in the fabrication, assembly, and testing of new or modified food manufacturing equipment. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to troubleshooting equipment failures, machining, and fabricating new or modifying process equipment parts, assembling and installing equipment, and the setup and monitoring of test and R&D equipment, while staying committed to quality standards and maintain a safe work environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Assist in the design and fabrication of new or modified processing equipment.
• Troubleshoots process problems and identifies solutions which improve process optimization, reduce downtime and conserve costs.
• Monitors process equipment to identify potential errors and develops solutions to eliminate the reoccurrence of those problems.
• Designs and conducts plant trials to determine performance capabilities.
• Interfaces with Manufacturing & Quality and Maintenance in the development of new and modified equipment and processes.
• Provides clear communication with any external suppliers and customers.
• Develops and updates any process procedures to ensure that documentation is accurate and understandable.
• Determines the test methods, procedures, parts, and equipment needed to implement engineering changes.
• Other tasks as assigned by the R&D Director
Qualifications: Core Skills and Knowledge
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to approach others in a tactful manner, react well under pressure, accept responsibility for own actions, and follow through on commitments.
• Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Must be customer focused at all times exemplifying a professional presence at all times.
• Stand for long periods of time including during operation of stand-up lifts.
• Lifting shoulder high up to 50 lbs. repetitively.
• Stepping up and down off lift; walking long distances over extended periods.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Working in both cold and non-climate-controlled environment.
• Associates Degree in engineering or technical degree preferred; or minimum (5) years related experience with (2) years in a machine shop environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (food manufacturing experience preferred).
• Mechatronics degree or certification is a plus.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Measures and inspects first work piece for conformance to specifications and quality standards.
• Machine high tolerance components to drawing specifications using primarily lathe and milling machines.
• Fabricate and assemble specialty parts
• Ability to write reports, correspondences, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
• Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Manufacturing software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
• Prior Maintenance, Machinist, or Controls Tech experience is a plus.
Work is performed both in office and on a food manufacturing production floor. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours with at least 40 hours a week. At times there will be some variation in work hours due to special projects, dead-lines and other concerns.
Travel is required. (Up to 50%)
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.