Process Improvement Engineer Carteret, New Jersey
Job Ref: 36626
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER OPENING IN CARTERET, NJ OR RANCHO CUCAMONGA,CA 80-110K HANDS ON LEADER WITH LEAN MANUFACTURING, 5S
5-10 YEARS OF EXP NO MORE THEN THAT
ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS
LEAN MANUFACTURING, 5S
LEAD TEAM EFFORTS
HANDS ON LEADER
FOOD OR BEVERAGE MANUFACTURING
Job Description: Process Improvement Engineer
PLEASE NOTE: This Position can either work at these two plants:
TO ALL CANDIDATES: IF you are selected, it is up to you which location that you will work at!
West Coast Manufacturing Plant
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
East Coast Manufacturing Plant
Carteret, NJ 07008
The Process Improvement Engineer will support the facility with knowledge of all production unit operations to support safety, reliability, production, quality, and new product launches through continuous improvement initiatives and capital projects.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Spend time on production lines developing understanding of all unit operations to provide technical support for production, maintenance, quality, and process improvement engineering.
- Execute capital projects that support improved safety, new product launches, existing product expansions, improved efficiencies/throughput, and increased reliability.
- Identify line process and packaging equipment barriers to meet nameplate capacities and resolve to provide stable operations (equipment, instrumentation, operator interaction/control, etc).
- Conduct root-cause failure analysis for failed machine components with emphasis on repetitive failures, working closely with Maintenance and Reliability department.
- Deliver technical training to operating teams on equipment and processes.
- Support Product Line Leads to investigate, resolve, and document all process related issues using data archive system and operation tracking tools.
- Develop and implement engineering standards across the plant that improve machine reliability.
- Identify areas of waste related to utilities, product, and packaging materials and implement projects to reduce these costs.
- Other tasks as assigned by the R&D Director
Qualifications: Core Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to approach others in a tactful manner, react well under pressure, accept responsibility for own actions, and follow through on commitments.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Must be customer focused at all times exemplifying a professional presence at all times.
- Must be assertive and accountable for your own actions and results.
- Must be able to effectively express ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form in a professional manner including grammar, punctuation, detail oriented and spelling.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or technical degree preferred; or minimum (3) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- (3 -5) years’ experience in role such as continuous improvement, project, or process engineering (food manufacturing experience preferred).
- Continuous improvement experience required.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish is desirable but not mandatory.
Work is performed both in office and on a food manufacturing production floor. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours with at least 40 hours a week. At times there will be some variation in work hours due to special projects, dead-lines and other concerns.
Travel is required. (Up to 50%)
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Carteret, NJ or Rancho Cucamonga, CA