Maintenance Supervisor Fresno, California
Job Ref: 36623
Job Description: Maintenance Supervisor
Night Shift Hours: 12 hour shifts, 5pm-5am
Reporting directly to the Director of Maintenance, the Maintenance Supervisor will work closely with site management and lead mechanics to set priorities, develop, and adjust as needed weekly, monthly, and annual plans for scheduled mobile equipment and plant maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coach and counsel mechanics when performance does not meet expectation.
- Discipline where performance or behavior does not respond to coaching or counseling.
- Oversee the Computerized Maintenance Management System to ensure optimal use of the existing system.
- Track, schedule, assign corrective and preventative maintenance activities through CMMS for all equipment in the plant.
- Own Maintenance Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to drive plant performance improvements in all aspects of the maintenance function relating to at a minimum-Safety, Cost, Labor, Unplanned Downtime and Preventative Maintenance on-time completion rate.
- Review plant performance and identify areas for future improvement. (stated above)
- Monitor CMMS system effectiveness as far as timeliness of request and completion by working with management in Production and Q.A.
- Utilize breakdown failure analysis to drive to root cause for corrective actions.
- Assure that maintenance work and employee manned capital projects are completed within budget and on time.
- Prioritize and schedule work assignments in line with productivity, quality, workload, skill and plant operating schedule.
- Assist mechanics in resolving breakdown maintenance situations so that they can more effectively problem solve in the future.
- Monitor, adjust and communicate changes to appropriate staff and mgmt. Directs the activities of outside contractors in maintenance, repair and installation of plant equipment.
- Recommend changes to plant equipment, procedures or practices to reduce cost or improve efficiency.
- Maintain and upgrade personal knowledge of mechanical systems and techniques to improve advisory capacity
- Develop recommendations for plant & process improvement projects.
- Work with Production Supervisors to assure that Production employees completing P.M. work orders do so properly and on time.
- Periodically assess usefulness of reports and distribution and change as needed.
- Provides leadership in improving the safety performance of the plant
- Ensure that safety repairs are completed properly and on time.
- Establish and confirm use of Standard Operating Procedures for completing maintenance activities that are simple, easily accessible and utilized by employees.
- Routinely monitor safety practices of maintenance and production employees through observation, correct and train as necessary.
- Recommend changes in practice and procedure to avoid safety problems.
- Assists in developing and administering the Maintenance department SOP’s as well as specific programs for LOTO, Confined Space, Working at Heights, Hot Work Permits, Electrical Work, Use of Power Equipment and PPE’s.
- Ensure environmental compliance as mandated by EPA.
- Reviews ongoing daily activities associated with main processing plant to comply fully with Environmental permits and regulations.
- Monitors plant performance in this area. Recommends and implements training, coaching to improve compliance.
- Maintains proper maintenance records and documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment.
· Ability to lead a team: direct reports and cross functionally
· Be able to /troubleshoot AC/DC Variable Speed Drives, Soft Starters, pumps, flow meters, complex machinery, fillers, box formers.
· Have competent knowledge of all current and voltage characteristics such as single phase, 3 Phase, 110VAC, 220VAC, 480VAC and D.C. voltages.
Education and/or Experience
· Degree or Direct work experience in a Maintenance Supervisor or Lead capacity (minimum of 5 years)
· Proven understanding of a maintenance and engineering workflow at a food manufacturing plant
· Experience in strategic planning and internal customer support
· Experience in ERP and CMMS software
· Lean concept understanding: 5-WHY, 5s, etc.
· Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Project, Word, and PowerPoint), Microsoft Dynamics
Company's compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain the very best people. Company offers a comprehensive benefits plan that include: Health, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Sec. 125, 401(k) plan, and more. If you meet these requirements and are eager to join a dynamic company poised for further growth, please respond with your cover letter, and salary requirements.