PLC CONTROLS TECHNICIAN Ontario, California
Job Ref: 36607
PLC CONTROLS TECHNICIAN OPENING ONTARIO CA LARGE FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT.
Shift Needed to fill: 2nd Shift: 2PM-10:30PM TUESDAY-SATURDAY
PLC Tech/Industrial Technician 35.00HR
Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment while following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment. Work in a manufacturing environment following appropriate policies and procedures to ensure the successful execution of position responsibilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Replaces faulty switches, and other elements of electrical and mechanical systems. Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures
- Troubleshoots, programs, and maintains PLCs
- Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits. Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures, using test equipment and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables, using hand tools
- Installs, repairs, overhauls, modifies and maintains electrical and mechanical systems, equipment, and machinery
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electrical, electronic, and mechanical components throughout the plant
- Maintains plant power distribution systems, including performing preventive maintenance, and installing wiring, conduit and apparatus
- Performs routine preventative maintenance activities on electrical panels and maintains a copy of all equipment programs as backups
- Assists in the preparation of various building components and systems for trades units and/or contractors, disassembles and installs equipment and fixtures
- Responsible for following all food safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated preventive controls
- Other duties as assigned; travel may be required
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Electronics, Electronic Technology or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance of industrial equipment and machinery to include PLC
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge and experience with Ladder Logic
- Working knowledge of electronic and electrical concepts and operating safety
- Working knowledge of and demonstrated ability to use electronic and electrical test equipment including digital and analog volt and ohm-meters, oscilloscopes, data analyzers and circuit testers
- Knowledge of current national electrical code
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.