Sr. Controls Technician Silver Springs, New York
Job Ref: 36591
JOB DESCRIPTION: Sr. Technician-Controls
To provide technical support through maintaining, developing, revamping, and recommending computer systems and related equipment (including software), and PLC control programs.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for repair, set-up, recommendation, and maintenance of plant instrumentation
• Assist Electricians as needed
• Assist Controls Engineer with control equipment design, installation and trouble shooting.
• Assist IT/OT group with PC’s, networking, WiFi, radio communication system, SAP terminals and scan guns.
• Responsible for assisting plant personnel in obtaining software and troubleshooting problems as needed.
• Responsible for providing telephone, telephone switch and voicemail system for local staff.
• Responsible for repairing and maintaining facility’s, AB and OPTO 22 PLCs and other control systems as necessary (instrumentation, pneumatic system controls, etc.).
• Responsible for assisting Project Engineers in developing control schematics and loop drawings as needed.
• Responsible for providing information relating to customers' hardware and software purchasing decisions
• Responsible for making sure users can use the equipment, by providing personal tutoring and self-help instructions
• Responsible for undertaking housekeeping and reporting functions for the area of responsibility.
• Responsible for remaining current in all required company and job-related training.
• Responsible for promoting harmonious working relationships.
• Responsible for delivering quality products and services to all internal and external customers.
• Responsible for representing Morton Salt ensuring proper business conduct and good public relations.
• Responsible for following all Safety, Environmental and Quality Control policies and procedures.
• Accountable for Ensuring Compliance with all QC Requirements (GMP, FSP) and providing technical expertise to drive continuous improvement in product quality
• Responsible for performing other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
AAS Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology – Electronics
High School Diploma with 10 years plant and electrical engineering technology experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Possesses knowledge of technical information on the unit/area
• Demonstrates background knowledge of operating procedure and process
• Proficient in maintenance, set-up and calibration of process instrumentation
• Networking Skills
o Network protocols and subnet masking.
• Control Systems
o Proficiency in PLC software for Allen-Bradley SLC-500, PLC5 and OPTO 22 Snap I/O Programmable Logic Controllers currently monitoring and controlling plant production equipment.
o Vision system software controlling the can line inspection station.o
KEY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS
• Requires daily contact with employees in other departments, specifically (but not limited to) departmental supervision, project and control engineers, IT technicians, operators, maintenance personnel and equipment technical service representatives
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Normal working schedule is daylight shift – flexible schedule and overtime may be required.
• Responds to urgent or emergency situations during work and outside of normal working hours, as needed.
• Works in seated or standing positions for prolonged periods of time. May perform sustained manual activities at moderate to heavy levels of exertion including lifting and moving loads of a minimum of fifty (50) pounds, climbing ladders/stairs and working on elevated platforms. Uses hand tools and operates fixed and mobile plant equipment. Works and travels throughout plant environment of varied temperatures and humidity. Wears personal protective equipment, as required and uses full range of motion
• Uses tools necessary to diagnose and troubleshoot in order to meet project needs as necessary.
• Performs duties in confined space entries.
• Works in general office and manufacturing plant environment.