Production Manager Santa Fe Springs, California
Job Ref: 36578
80k – 90k DOE, bonus package is currently being worked on but there will be a sign on bonus.
Needs a second Production Manager, MUST be bilingual and will be on the floor 95% of the time, only 5% of the time at the desk so this job requires someone who enjoys being on the floor and being hands on along with his/her people. Prefer someone with food industry and packaging experience but will consider any manufacturing experience. Would like some SQF, FDA, HAACP experience, should understand how R&D works, MUST be good with people, have a flexible personality, company is trying to maintain the people they have with a positive work environment, this person will make sure work gets done and be able to roll up their sleeves and also do the work. Will be on the packaging side, ensure packages get done correctly – bottle, bags, boxes, will be over less than 40 production personnel, will deal with injury reporting and all areas of reporting. Will grow your area, it's very easy to currently manage. MUST have soft skills, be personable, engage your people and be willing to listen to their needs, be willing to advocate for your people, also have good experience on the Safety side, it’s also okay if you’re currently a Supervisor for at least 5 years and looking to move up to management.
The Production Manager is responsible for reviewing systems, process and procedures of the entire Production Department, as well as interfacing with management, employees, and external sources who deal with the company on quality, product matters, R & D, Sanitation and Maintenance.
- Responsible for making production scheduling recommendations to improve efficiencies.
- Adhere to all company safety policies and manufacturing regulations
- Responsible for the budgeting of the workforce in the production department
- Evaluate and suggest changes with equipment, process and procedures to improve efficiency, food and people safety.
- Measuring of downtime on equipment, initiate a plan, and take corrective measures to reduce or eliminate future down time.
- Responsible for creating a good safety culture and good working environment for employees, regulatory agencies, vendors and visitors and enforcing GMPs, Company, Safety and SQF policies
- Work closely with the HR Department on disciplinary actions, employee performance or employee appreciation duties needed to be applied.
- Responsible for adhering and maintaining all regulatory (SQF, FDA, Health Department) activities of the operations department.
- Work closely with the QA Department to make sure all operational personnel has been properly trained and is following GMP’s, food safety regulations, and process and procedures are within the SQF and FDA guidelines.
- Overseeing the effective operations of the kitchen, chew room, bagging, bar line and other production processes
- Responsible for initiating formulation adjustments when necessary.
- Accurately maintaining, completing, and filing daily production records.
- Will coordinate cleaning and housekeeping activities with Sanitation Lead.
- Evaluate the performance of department employees, provide coaching or positive feedback to help grow the team professionally.
- Identify low performers and initiate counseling or disciplinary actions when necessary
- Work daily with Leads/Supervisors to ensure the proper scheduling of employees
- Review timecards daily/weekly to ensure all hours, breaks and lunches are accurately recorded.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Food Safety Responsibilities
- Must report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action: SQF Practitioner, Quality Management, Plant/Production Management, or Supervisors
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Minimum 4 years in a managerial role in manufacturing, Food experience is a plus
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong Mathematical skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, decimals and fractions, interpret efficiency and performance data, line speeds, KPI, etc
- Have computer knowledge and proficiency with using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Attention to Detail
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
- Direct Report –Plant Manager