Maintenance and Engineering Manager Fullerton, California
Job Ref: 36560
MAINTENANCE & ENGINEERING MANAGER
FOOD OR BEVERAGE MANUFACTURING
Job Description: Maintenance & Engineering Manager
The Maintenance & Engineering Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager and is responsible for developing, implementing, and measuring critical maintenance (mechanical, electrical, and control systems) and engineering processes / programs at the Fullerton, California facility.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Implementation of site-wide maintenance and engineering best practices to ensure the facility reaches and maintains the established EHS, reliability, and performance standards and meets all legal requirements and standards addressed by governmental bodies or the company;
• Developing a program to meet / reach such requirements and implementing programs to monitor them;
• Directly managing the maintenance workforce to ensure that the proper skill levels are in place and performance standards are set and maintained in a continuous improvement environment;
• Managing the maintenance and capital budgets, as well as maintenance / project contractors and the overall contractor program;
• Preparing / executing projects in a multi-disciplined environment with clear objectives assuring a consistent delivery of Safety, Quality, On-Time completion and Cost Control.
• Organize the plant maintenance function to effectively manage and address EHS, Quality and daily maintenance issues, as well as establishment of an effective PM program. Work closely with the Fullerton Management Team to establish mechanisms for measuring equipment reliability and its impact on operations and managing the process to continuously improve the results.
• Execute capital investment plan as defined by completing assigned projects on schedule and within approved budget. Responsible for the capital budget management, as well as for the capital planning, and reporting and all other project related activities.
• Implement preventive and predictive maintenance as required, assure legal requirements are met, and that sound engineering and business practices are followed. Establish, monitor and measure maintenance objectives for continuous improvement as well as managing and reducing costs.
• Manage the site utilities including fire protection systems and waste water treatment system with a focus on maximizing reliability, meeting all permit / EHS requirements and reducing costs.
• Coordinate the work of all onsite contractors and manage the overall contractor program.
• Provide Technical / Engineering Support to Maintenance and Operations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Five or more years of experience in Maintenance and Engineering at the plant level with experience in the direct supervision of hourly maintenance personnel;
• strong background in Engineering and Maintenance management in a food and beverage plant environment with an understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and sanitary plant design;
• background in capital projects management with proven project management skills; background with PLC and DCS experience is preferred;
• strong background in EHS and demonstrated success in leading continuous improvement in a team environment;
• excellent interpersonal skills,
• strong team player,
• Independent worker requiring minimal day-to-day direction or oversight.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering (or equivalent industry experience).