Maintenance Mechanic Melville, New York
Job Ref: 36557
Electro Mechanics with HVAC experience
pay range :$27.13 – $32.56
location : Melville, NY
The mechanics work either 6:00am – 6:00pm or 6:00pm to 6:00am and week 1 they work Wed/Thurs and week 2 they work Sun, Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat
Job Description: Maintenance Mechanic
PLACE Melville, NY
Job Scope/Job Mission
The Maintenance Mechanic performs routine preventive maintenance and work orders and assists with installation of new equipment or systems and troubleshooting of equipment breakdowns as directed by the shift Team Leader.
• Assist with troubleshooting of mechanical systems and installation of new systems.
• Conduct building checks and report any problems to Team Leader.
• Ability to troubleshoot process equipment and utilities.
• Support engineering project for installation of equipment.
• Respond to building alarms and take appropriate action.
• Execute work orders and preventive maintenance tasks as assigned on production facility equipment including pumps, centrifuges and filter presses according to established procedures.
• All above mentioned functions to be performed following established safety procedures and all cGMP requirements.
• Minimum High School Diploma with training in HVAC, refrigeration with Building Management system training
• Minimum one year Mechanic I experience or equivalent.
• Ability to learn and take instruction and complete work assignments in an expeditious, clear and professional manner.
• Basic knowledge of HVAC and Electrical Systems.
• Computer literacy including knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook required.
• Flexible to work a 12 hour rotating shift, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
• PLC experience is desired.