General Helper (Optical Department) Peabody, Massachusetts
Job Ref: 36548
General Help Optical Department, Day Shift
We are looking for someone to work in our Optical Bonding department. As part of a small team, the person will prepare, assemble and bond precision optical tables and platforms.
The job requires good hand eye coordination and upper body strength. The job can be physical and dirty with occasional movement of metal up to 50 pounds
This is a manufacturing environment. Some components are large. The person needs to be able to work safely and productively with minimum supervision. The person should also be familiar with the use of basic hand and power tools and be able to safely use cranes, hoists and pallet jacks.
The work requires a high attention to detail in an ISO9000 environment. Ability to read assembly prints is a plus.
Tasks will vary. In addition to bonding tables, the job will include:
1. Drilling, tapping and grinding of parts.
2. Cleaning, packing and crating of finished parts.
3. Use of wood working equipment.
4. Material Handling.
5. Use of verniers, protractors, squares, tape measures and other measuring devices.
6. Work in other departments as needed.