Maintenance Technician Newark, California
Job Ref: 36508
• Maintenance Technician
• Maintenance Manager
This job description should not be viewed as an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities related to your position. Your position will necessitate performing duties and tasks that are not outlined herein. Company makes no guarantees as to the nature and scope of the work performed by this position and retains the right to change an employee’s position or job description at any time.
Fabricates and assembles structural metal products such as framework or shells for machinery, ovens, tanks, and other machines with stainless steel for the food industry by layout and plans sequence of operations according to mechanical drawings and written and verbal instructions. Skilled with Mig and Tig welding. Maintain the plant's equipment, buildings and facilities. Provides technical troubleshooting skills regarding maintenance, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic engineering. With direction from the Maintenance Manager, ensures that the maintenance schedules are adhered to.
• Perform duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager or their designee.
• Assist or perform preventive maintenance on equipment to maintain in good working condition. Be active in preventative maintenance program, daily plant fundamentals, and all safety procedures. Handles maintenance emergencies as necessary.
• Must have knowledge of electrical installation. Required to troubleshoot PLC, VFD and 3-phase electrical. Able to troubleshoot and repair lighting circuits.
• Assist with or perform the troubleshooting, repairs, and maintenance of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and plumbing systems.
• Assist with or perform the troubleshooting, repairs, and maintenance of the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment (HVAC/R).
• Assist with or perform major equipment overhauls.
• Demonstrated mechanical and spatial aptitude, including the ability to disassemble and reassemble equipment.
• Ability to read and interpret shop/engineering drawings.
• 3 years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment requiring knowledge of Tig welding, and Mig/Mag welding. Able to discern correct welding applications.
• Maintain interior and exterior of the buildings, install light bulbs, paint interior or exterior, make roof repairs, etc. Construct and demolish walls, and perform other carpentry duties.
• Demonstrated ability to use SAP EAM. Maintains records in accordance with Aryzta policy.
• Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs, safety and other company programs and procedures, and in accordance with government codes and regulations.
• Demonstrated adherence to FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices(GMPs), OSHA standards, HACCP, and sanitary processes/procedures.
• Responsible for keeping work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity immediately.
• Keeps abreast of latest manufacturing technologies and systems and engineering concepts.
• Overtime hours may be required based on work demands. Employee must be flexible with these hours.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical – Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyses information skilfully.
Technical Skills – Uses technical expertise appropriate to situation; shares expertise with others.
Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming others; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Performs work tasks in harmony with peers.
Cost Consciousness – Conserves organizational resources.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings on time.
Flexibility – Is able to move from one task to another task with ease.
Dependability – Follows written and oral instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time.
Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required. Requires technical certificate in HVAC, refrigeration, mechanical, electrical and/or plumbing repair. Experience working in a maintenance department, preferably in an automated food processing plant. Knowledge of equipment set-up, functions, operating procedures and preventative maintenance techniques. Basic knowledge in programmable logic controllers (PLCs) preferred. Other skills and experiences could be refrigeration, plumbing, industrial electrical and mechanical systems and maintenance, and automated food manufacturing process controls and equipment
Ability to read and interpret work orders, operating manuals and maintenance instructions. Required to read blueprints, logs and electrical drawings. Ability to complete forms detailing maintenance work performed. Working knowledge of spoken Spanish preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Demonstrated ability to formulate and understand complex mathematical equations. Ability to interpret graphs and diagrams preferred.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Knowledge of preventative maintenance software preferred. Proficient using Excel or other spreadsheet software. SAP computer experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Depending on location, may require various licenses by local, county, state or federal agencies. Requires valid driver’s license. Forklift experience preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed required to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather), and to rapid changes in temperature. The employee must be able to tolerate a work environment that contains flour dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can get loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be standing or walking nearly 100% of the time, including occasional walking on uneven ground. Hand and finger movement is required frequently to manipulate hand tools, parts and equipment. The employee is occasionally required to smell. The employee is expected to frequently carry tools or equipment up to 50 pounds; and to twist, bend and stoop in conjunction with lifting more than 50 pounds with the aid of co-workers. Frequent flexing, extending and turning of the neck and head are required. With the aid of co-workers, the employee is expected to occasionally push/pull equipment on wheels up to 75 to 200 pounds approximately 75 feet. The employee is occasionally required to climb ladders up to 25 feet when repairing roof, light fixtures and/or hanging signs, etc.
This position requires employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills, including seeing, speaking and hearing, due to the operation of various types of moving equipment used in the bakery. These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for collecting and distributing information to staff, and communicating with co-workers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and color vision.