Maintenance Technician 2 SB San Bernardino, California
Job Ref: 36505
Job Title: TIER 2 MAINTENANCE
Department Name: MAINTENANCE
Reports To (Name/Job Title): Maintenance and Engineering Mgr
Tier 2 maintenance employees support plant maintenance and possess an advanced skill set in preventative maintenance, design, and installation of complex process systems. The Tier 2 maintenance employees are assigned to work based on their skill level and nature of the priority work.
B. PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Follow all applicable safety guidelines, including Lock Out, Tag Out (LOTO) procedures.
• Read and follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and work orders.
• Meet General Quality Requirements as listed in Section G of this document.
• Must be able to perform and meet all job functions/requirements of a Tier 1 and 2 maintenance employee.
• Inspect, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical equipment such as air compressors, chemical pumps and piping, hydraulic power units, conveyors, boilers, and various specialty equipment used in the facility.
• Ability to work on and install simple electrical components.
• Ability to utilize SAP system to open, view, and print preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance work orders.
• Proficient use of diagnostic instruments such as Tach, vacuum gauge, velocity meter, etc.
• Basic fabrication (cut, thread, bend, flare, etc.) and welding may be required.
• Experience with computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook, and SAP) preferred.
• Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) trouble shooting.
• Arcflash training.
• Read and accurately interpret intermediate architectural, electrical, and mechanical drawings, including Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (PNID) and motor control schematics.
• Follow all appropriate company SOPs and Job Hazard Analyses (JHA).
• Keep work area neat and clean.
• May be required to work overtime as needed.
• Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
C. REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each principle job duty satisfactorily.
GED or high school diploma, a 2 year technical training certificate and minimum of 3 years in an industrial work environment required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Some experience operating machinery is preferred.
D. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands/arms to grasp, push, pull, and reach. The employee must regularly lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
E. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
F. GENERAL QUALITY REQUIREMENTS
• Read, understand and be trained on all related SOPs and work instructions to perform tasks in accordance with instructions, to help ensure that customer and QMS requirements are met..
• For specific quality expectations for this position, reference related SOPs and work instructions.
• Ability to use appropriate measurement device(s) such as ruler, caliper, tape measure, to verify product acceptance and proper machine operation.
• Visual inspection of materials and product to ensure machine is operating properly.
• Set aside any material or product that does not meet specification for disposition by appropriate personnel (supervisor, quality representative)
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job related criteria.