Maintenance Manager Rembrandt, Iowa
Job Ref: 36482
EGG PROCESSING PLANT IN REMBRANDT IOWA NEEDS A MAINTENANCE MANAGER FOR PLANT. FULL RELO, MUST HAVE A DEGREE AND FOOD EXPEREINCE. SALARY RANGE IS 120-130K
Responsible for maintenance duties of Egg Processing plants including but not limited to routine and preventative maintenance of buildings, equipment and grounds. The scope includes management of mechanical systems and equipment integration. Responsible for over-seeing up-keep and operation of egg breaking machines, egg processing equipment, dryers, refrigeration equipment, boilers, electrical systems and generators. Must be able to manage a team of mechanical technicians, order tools, parts and supply inventories.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall maintenance duties of egg breaking and processing plants
- Responsible for overall operation and maintenance of physical plant
- Responsible for overall operation and maintenance of back-up generator system
- Responsible for overall plant water supply, testing and treatment including softeners, boilers and ice builders
- Manage mechanical maintenance division within cost and time constrained environments
- Communicate with plant management on day-to-day maintenance issues
- Manage ordering and perpetual inventory of tools, parts and supplies
- Manage the Preventative Maintenance and Work Order System including metrics that measure maintenance performance.
- Manage maintenance projects and keep a planning log and provide regular updates and coordination with plant management
- Responsible to work with plant management to reduce downtime and improve efficiencies of plant, equipment and resources.
- Provide leadership and direction for maintenance staff. Continuously upgrade the maintenance staff and systems. Conduct regular reviews.
- Responsible for preventative and routine maintenance of building, equipment and grounds
- Responsible for 24×7 plant maintenance including proper staffing and resource allocation to support production demands
- Interact with USDA
- Follow all OSHA safety regulations and procedures
- Understand and interpret company, industry, state and federal regulations
- On call duties as needed
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- A trained designee will be appointed by management to cover for absences or vacancies; refer to Rembrandt Foods site-specific facility back-up matrix on file.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 4-year degree in related field; experience in lieu of a degree will be considered
- 7 plus years of Supervisory experience
- Awareness and knowledge of surroundings in relation to climate, atmosphere and equipment
- Experience working with refrigeration, boilers, electrical, PLC and mechanical systems
- Experience working with plant automation and control systems
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems
- Ability to operate power tools and equipment safely
- Knowledge of basic chemical usage and safely
- Ability to work on a fast-paced line
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking so others will understand
- On call duties to include nights and weekends
- Attention to detail
- Independent Self Starter/Team Player
- Mathematical skills: General Arithmetic/Basic algebra/Percentages/Fractions
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Touch Screens. CMMS Systems
- Advanced English: fluent: speaking, reading and writing
- Follow all Safety and Bio-Security Procedures
- Ensure that all care is provided with respect to customer, client and co-workers’ rights
- Ensure a safe and clean work environment
- Maintain confidentiality
- Adhere to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks
- A trained designee will be appointed by plant management to cover for absences or vacancies.