Fleet Maintenance Manager College Point, New York
Job Ref: 36473
FLEET MAINTENANCE MANAGER IN COLLEGE POINT NY AT A LARGE BEVERAGE PLANT . ALSO THIS PERSON WILL OVERSEE BRONX, QUEENS, BROOKLYN, MT VERNON & AMMETVILLE NY. THEY ARE ALL WITHIN 30 MINUTES FROM EACH OTHER. WILL OVERSEE ABOUT 12 FLEET MECHANICS. MUST HAVE A BEVERAGE OR FOOD MANUFACTURING BACKGROUND. BACHELORS OR ASSOCIATES IN ELECTRICAL OR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING REQUIRED.
SALARY RANGE: 110-120K WITH 5% BONUS
We are currently searching for a Fleet Manager to join our team. The fleet manager is responsible for maintaining the safety and productivity of the vehicles and equipment by managing and coordinating the activities of the fleet personnel. The Fleet Manager will also be responsible for directing the workflow within the maintenance department.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manages Fleet Department employees. Participates in hiring, training, scheduling, and performance management decisions.
- Review’s work orders, assigns tasks to employees and verifies the quality of work performed.
- Provides support to all locations regarding fleet software and record keeping.
- Manages administration of fleet payroll, absenteeism tracking.
- Maintains records of all preventive and corrective maintenance performed and assures proper data entry into the system.
- Schedules work to be performed based on routine preventive maintenance inspections.
- Procures parts necessary to complete repairs within assigned limits. Refers larger purchases or major repairs to Manager.
- Conducts employee observations. Discusses findings with employees.
- Inspects trucks and tools.
- Coordinates Fleet Department meetings with the purpose of improving fleet operations and achieving fleet service reliability goals.
- Maintains a safe and productive work environment. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Leads and develops Fleet Supervisors.
- Performs other duties as required.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Equivalent of either high school diploma or G.E.D. certification and 5 years related Fleet Department experience OR (2) a BS in related field and 3 years Fleet Department experience.
- Two years supervisory or lead experience.
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Experience with MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Previous experience in a union environment.
- contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.