Planner/Scheduler El Cajon, California
Job Ref: 36459
Need a Planner Scheduler who is comfortable with customer interface, can give status updates to customers (not be afraid to tell the customer that they need to push out a due date by a few weeks or so) and will sometimes have to contact outside vendors and/or go out to the shop to get status on a part from the Leads or Operators (they have some Spanish speaking staff so bi lingual ability would a big plus but not a requirement). They’ve never had a planning position until this time so the system is undeveloped and you will be asked to help create the planning SOP's. Will consider any manufacturing experience. You will own planning, scheduling, some individual contributions but there won't be any supervisory responsibility, a degree is not required.
The Master Planner/Scheduler is responsible for the coordination of manpower and materials through the shop so that the Company can meet Customer demands and timelines.
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identifies conflicts with respect to material and capacity availability and order?promising integrity and communicates to Management/Responsible Party
- Schedules and creates requisition for raw material/purchase components through product release and coordinates with Purchasing
- Plans, schedules, and releases Production Travelers. Create a system for scheduling Repairs and Spares, and interplant orders such as Cores. This position is responsible for the decision “to make or buy” production components
- Assists leadership team with managing constraints and the utilization of resources and overtime
- Supports transition plans and updates item planning parameters (lead times, lot sizes, etc.) accordingly
- Assists in managing resources and timelines as they relate to Customer returns and rework
- Analyzes capacity and ability to expedite exiting orders due to Customer request
- Works with Management to develop and maintain communication channels between various departments to maintain the production flow rates
- Works with both sales and operations globally to provide timely feedback regarding all schedule changes
- During the Contract Review Process identifies and communicates when demand cannot be met and recommends alternatives on how the requested demand could be satisfied
- Interacts with customers and Management in status meetings
- Participates with Demand Management to drive changes in forecasting
- Involved in Continuous Improvement projects
- Schedule delivery driver and pickup activity
- Participates in Daily "Gemba" with Product Line Team to track standard WIP and Visual Management boards
- Coordinates Engineering changes with Foundry Engineering (knows impact to schedule and necessary resources)
- Actively works with production line and external suppliers to resolve material issues (shortages, emergency customer demands, etc.)
- Bachelors degree/International equivalent or a combination of related work experience required
- Solid business acumen, specifically when working with customers
- Ability to master new technologies and incorporate into work flow efficiencies
- Strong math and writing skills
- Strong analytical and problem?solving skills
- Ability to work with varying individuals internally and externally
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to gain proficiency and reporting capability with MRP Systems (i.e. Vantage)
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services (i.e. customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards, and evaluation of customer satisfaction).
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Demonstrate critical thinking; using logic to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions to problems.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge
- Previous material planning or buying experience preferred
- Manufacturing processes knowledge desired
- Expertise developing solid customer service relationships.
- Experience interpreting customer specifications.
- Knowledge of various and relevant quality and technical standards
- Experience using statistics and process control.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience working with MRP systems; Vantage/Epicor preferred
- Industry experience preferred.
- Detailed Oriented
- Strong Communicator
- Problem Solver