Blow Mold Technician Corona, California
Job Ref: 36451
Job Description: BLOW MOLD TECHNICIAN I 24-26HR Direct Hire
Will need to be able to work either Shift: 5am-530pm or 5pm-530am -3 days on one week, 4 days on the next week
Reports To: Blow Molding Team Lead
Department: Blow Mold
Location: Corona, CA
Pay Status: Non-Exempt
Position Backed Up By: Blow Molding Team Lead
The Blow Molder Technician is responsible for operating, maintaining, and repairing all blow mold equipment, meeting all production, quality and safety requirements, and performing all maintenance on the blow molder and high pressure air compressors. Employee has the responsibility to report food safety hazards or concerns to their immediate supervisor.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (not restrictive)
• Operate blow molder, bottle conveyor, airveyor, high air compressor, air dryer, tippers, chillers
• Perform mold and neck finish changes
• Perform Preventative maintenance and fill out/create work orders and purchase requisitions for parts.
• Perform process adjustments, testing protocol, document to meet quality specifications
• Complete daily production records and logs for shift.
• Monitor Machine efficiency and ensure all equipment is operational
• Manage machine process efficiency initiatives, scrap minimization, materials conservation
• Follow all health and safety standards
• Start and shut down machines
• Manage and oversee downstream blow mold personnel
• Perform mold changes and process adjustments
• Monitor production quantities for color change, mold change and product completions
• Troubleshoot and fix any problems with the blow molder or high pressure air compressors
• Communicate quickly and effectively at all levels of the organization
• Must have own tools
• Recommend methods to improve processes and practices, equipment performance and efficiency of operations
• Verification of production working documents
• Verification of tooling, instructions on materials prior to use on assigned process
• Create SOP’s, OPL’s, SWI’s, BDA’s, LSI’s concerning any defect or process change.
• Perform all assignments given by Supervisors or Upper Management Team
• Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification & Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions finished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Ability to work with amino acids, vitamins and fine chemicals in powder and liquid form as well as allergen products.
Language, Computer & Numeracy:
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and written
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations
• Ability to write reports and procedures manuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measures, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to interpret bar graphs
Typical Physical Activity
• Regularly involves talking or listening, sitting, and the use of hands and fingers.
• Regularly involves going up and down stairs.
• Frequently involves reaching with hands and arms, standing and walking.
• Occasionally involves crouching, stooping, kneeling and/or climbing or balancing.
• Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
• Involves moderate physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
• Should be able to identify and distinguish colors, see clearly at 20 inches or closer and 20 feet or more, observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, judge distances and spatial relationships, and adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
Typical Environmental Conditions
• May be exposed to moderate noise levels (i.e. office equipment, light traffic).
• May be exposed to moderate to high noise levels (i.e. production equipment, forklifts, heavy traffic).
• May be exposed to humidity, intense heat and cold, outdoor weather conditions, and fumes and toxic chemicals.
• May work in areas with mechanical moving parts, above ground with risk of fall, or areas with risk of electrical shock.