Maintenance Mechanic Corona, California
Job Ref: 36445
2nd & 3rd shift Maintenance Mechanic Opening Direct Hire
Corona CA 25-29.50HR
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Location: Corona, CA
Pay Status: Non-Exempt
Position Backed Up By: Maintenance Manager
Job Summary: Maintenance Mechanic
The Mechanic I maintains and repairs machinery and equipment ( e.g.- conveyors system, motors, pumps, production machinery). This employee has the responsibility to report food safety hazards or concerns to their immediate supervisor.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (not restrictive)
• Repairs and maintains plant equipment
• Repairs and maintains power support systems
• Repairs and maintains hydraulic systems and equipments
• Maintains lubrication of all equipment machinery
• Troubleshoots and performs electrical repairs and wiring
• Understands and follows manufacture’s specifications for equipment operations and repairs
• Competency with hand tools, power tools, welding and machine shop equipment
• Examines finished product for defects and codes
• Works scheduled shift and extended hours as required
• Completes assigned weekly preventative maintenance and planned work orders
• Maintains a daily shift call log
• Generates and closes SAP work orders
• Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification & Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• A minimum of two years experience in the repair and maintenance of filling and packaging equipment in a manufacturing environment or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions finished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Ability to work with amino acids, vitamins and fine chemicals in powder and liquid form as well as allergen products.
Language, Computer & Numeracy:
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and written
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measures, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to interpret bar graphs
Typical Physical Activity
• Regularly involves talking or listening, sitting, and the use of hands and fingers.
• Regularly involves going up and down stairs.
• Frequently involves reaching with hands and arms, standing and walking.
• Occasionally involves crouching, stooping, kneeling and/or climbing or balancing.
• Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
• Involves moderate physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
• Should be able to identify and distinguish colors, see clearly at 20 inches or closer and 20 feet or more, observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, judge distances and spatial relationships, and adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
Typical Environmental Conditions
• May be exposed to moderate noise levels (i.e. office equipment, light traffic).
• May be exposed to moderate to high noise levels (i.e. production equipment, forklifts, heavy traffic).
• May be exposed to humidity, intense heat and cold, outdoor weather conditions, and fumes and toxic chemicals.
• May work in areas with mechanical moving parts, above ground with risk of fall, or areas with risk of electrical shock.