Electrician Rancho Cucamonga, California
Job Ref: 36442
Large producer of steel wire and fabricated steel wire products needs a Maintenance Electrician who is flexible to work 1st and 2nd shift.
Electrician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, build, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment. Provide emergency or unscheduled electrical repairs of production equipment during production. Performs electrical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing equipment and performs all types of plant maintenance and electrical related work.
- Works on machine breakdowns, fabricates new machines and performs other shop duties. Diagnose trouble shoot and repair production equipment using new or rebuilt parts
- Uses various electric and pneumatic tools make new parts and reassemble, reads blue prints, sketches, must be able to make complicated sketches as guides for new parts
- Operates all machine shop equipment such as lathe, boring mill, drill press, grinders, and welding equipment.
- Competent with programming VFD’s
- Basic mechanical skills
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and observes all Company and safety rules
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned
- Electrical and mechanical skills are required
- Must have excellent skills in troubleshooting complex motor controls involving multiple motors and other devices
- Understanding of PLC control systems
- Experienced with AC and DC motors and drives
- Basic shop equipment skills
- Self-starter, able to work with little or supervision
- Require industrial electrical skills
- Must provide own tools
- Able to work 10-12 hour shifts
- Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
- Must be a team player
- Be flexible with schedule; Days, Swing or Grave and be able to work overtime as needed
- Require 5-year experience in Electrical/Maintenance
- Overall strength: Medium to heavy work; exerts force and/or carries objects frequently weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Walking: Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
- Sitting: Seldom, except break or lunch
- Lifting/Carrying: Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
- Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
- Reaching: Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time) extend the hand and arms in any direction
- Handling: Constantly (2/3 or more of the time), seize, hold, grasp, turn or otherwise work with hands
- Seeing: Constantly (2/3 or more of the time), obtain impressions through the eyes of the shape, size, distance, motion, color or other characteristics of the objects