Maintenance Manager Denver, Colorado
Job Ref: 36440
- Provide the day-to-day operational leadership and example for the maintenance department and plant personnel in a Union environment.
- Oversee PM effectiveness using CMS program, internal measurement tools, and incentive programs.
- Maintain a strong, visible presence on the plant floor to build trust and confidence with all plant personnel.
- Proactively participate in the plant’s initiatives to improve safety, increase OEE reliability, reduce downtime and waste, and control costs with annual operating budgets.
- Interact with appropriate regulatory agencies – CDPHE, USDA, OSHA, EPA, Wastewater, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the corporate Engineering department to plan, submit, and execute capital projects.
- Leverage the skills of the maintenance department to provide unparalleled service to the plant’s retail and public customers.
– Six to eight years in the manufacturing field, preferably in the food & beverage industry.
– Three years of experience in a plant leadership role, e.g.: maintenance manager, maintenance supervisor, production manager, project engineer, or similar.
- College Degree – related field or work experience.
- Sense of urgency related to plant operations.
- Prioritize work in this order: Safety, Quality, and Efficiency.
- Experience leading teams, assigning responsibilities, and holding employees accountable for expectations.
- Demonstrate mastery of skills required to successfully manage a maintenance department: communication – verbal, oral, and written; interpersonal skills with employees, peers, and vendors; budget management; flexibility, ability to function autonomously and take the initiative; and a positive, can-do approach to the usual tasks found in a maintenance department.
- Working knowledge and experience with the plant’s main groups of equipment: boilers, ammonia refrigeration, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, and a variety of processing and packaging machines.
- Proficient with computers, MS Office software, PLC theory, and new options for plant automation.