PLC Controls Technician CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida
Job Ref: 36436
FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT CAPE CANAVERAL FLORIDA NEEDS A DAY SHIFT PLC CONTROLS TECHNICIAN SO VERY STRONG WITH CONTROLS & AUTOMATION AND VFDS, PLC'S. PAY IS 35-40 PER HOUR
MINOR PROGRAMMING PREFFERED NOT REQUIRED
35-40 PER HOUR DAY SHIFT DIRECT HIRE CAPE CANAVERAL FLORIDA
Perform a variety of duties to assist in the installation, maintenance, calibration, inspection, testing, troubleshooting and repair of all plant instrumentation, controls and automation; including pneumatic, electric, electronic measurement and control equipment.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Maintain a safe working environment. Understand, follow, and support company policies, procedures (i.e. lock out/tag out, hot work, confined space, etc.) in addition to corporate and local safety initiatives. Be proactive in the area of safety, including anticipating unsafe behaviors, conditions, and unusual circumstances.
- Serve as a technical resource for the Manistee facility. Advise, consult, and facilitate activities with operators, engineers, managers, electricians, outside contractors, manufacturing representatives or other outside consultants on maintenance problems and projects. This includes identifying the hardware and software needed to provide solutions to problems.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and train users on facility PLCs, robot controls, automated equipment, and automation systems.
- Maintain, calibrate, and train users on facility instrumentation, controllers, chart recorders, and alarm enunciators.
- Maintain and troubleshoot as needed plant PC's, Routers, Switches, VPN, Servers, and databases to determine causes of malfunctions. Propose corrective actions to recurring system failures.
- Assist in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users' requirements, including databases, spreadsheets, Web Pages, PLC software, and automation software.
- Deliver quality products and services to all internal and external customers.
- Follow all Safety, Environmental and Quality Control policies and procedures to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operation of facility equipment. This includes staying current with all required company and job related training.
- Oversee capital and expense projects as requested.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Associates degree or similar course completion in mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation technology preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) of experience with theory/ field practice of analog and digital instrument control.
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience with various forms of process loop control schemes.
- Three (3) years related industrial controls experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Familiar with the electrical and mechanical interrelationships of automated machine components.
- Familiar with intricate high speed packaging/conveying/palletizing machinery.
- Experienced in instrumentation maintenance, calibration and operation.
- Proficient in Allen Bradley PLC software.
- Proficient in Allen Bradley Panelview software.
- Proficient in Fanuc Robot software.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, hands-on individual with strong team and analytical skills required to establish and maintain professional trust relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Trained and well-versed in project and time management.