Maintenance Mechanic (injection Molding) Rockaway, New Jersey
Job Ref: 36430
PLASTIC MANUFACTURING PLANT IN ROCKAWAY NJ IS LOOKING FOR 2 NIGHT SHIFT 12 HOUR 7PM-7AM INJECTION MOLDING MAINTENANCE MECHANICS.25-32HR MUST HAVE A STRONG ELECTRO MECHANICAL BACKGROUND WORKING ON INJECTION MOLDING MACHINES
Injection Mold Maintenance Technician will be responsible for operating, maintenance and servicing of injection molding machines. This position will require ability to work with Hydraulic Systems, Pneumatic Systems and Electrical Systems on Injection molding machines. Experience in trouble shooting injection molds a huge plus! Must be able to work in a team environment. Current openings are on the nigh shift 7 pm – 7 am. Must be available to work holidays. This is an immediate hire opportunity.
The position offers good opportunities for growth with a national company that manufactures a variety of products for the food service industry. If you are interested in joining our team and being part of our success, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Ideal candidate will be organized with the ability to prioritize workflow in a fast paced production and warehouse environment.
Essential Job Duties:
Maintenance of the production facility with varying types of equipment which runs throughout two shifts per day. Maintenance may include other mechanical systems in the building as needed.
Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs injection molding machines, equipment and parts as needed.
- Ability to perform maintenance on machinery.
- Ability to troubleshoot machine failures.
- Ability to read electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic drawings.
- Ability to repair identified failures.
- Able to work unsupervised, as well as with other maintenance technicians.
- Comply with Industry standard “Good Manufacturing Practices.”
- Able to work overtime as needed to complete emergency repairs of equipment.
- Knowledge of general, non-machinery, facilities maintenance.
- Ensures that equipment is maintained and in working order
- Performs preventative maintenance as needed
- Troubleshoots problems and repairs if possible
- Works with Line leads to solve production problems
- Works closely with Quality department to ensure that all processes are properly followed
- Anticipates problems with equipment to ensure that problems do not escalate
- Strong safety orientation toward all work performed
- Maintains production equipment and production lines.
- Establishes and maintains spare parts inventory.
- Expected to work at a constant reasonable pace, neatly and efficiently, and as a team player with other employees.
- Supports and works with Corporate Engineer and Building Maintenance when needed, as directed by Maintenance Manager.
- Responsible along with other technicians for neatness, safety and security of shop and tools.
- Works with all departments to promote teamwork, efficiency, professionalism & safety.
- Makes sure all policies, rules and procedures are followed
- Sets the example for teamwork, cooperation, safety, respect and work ethic for all employees
- Continues to work on and update the lockout/tag out procedures.
- Department of Environmental Protection duties include assisting in the containment and cleanup of spills, oversees all valve
Bilingual/Spanish a plus, Prior experience in injection molding environment, electrical troubleshooting, pneumatics, machine breakdown. Vocational or High School Diploma and 10 years of prior experience in:
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and experience working on mechanical, pneumatic, injection systems, pulleys, conveyor systems, palletizing equipment, filling and packing equipment troubleshooting and repair
- Electro/pneumatic troubleshooting
- Equipment set-up
- Hazardous Material handling
- Industrial Safety awareness
- Positive attitude towards work
- Ability to learn to adapt to new equipment as needed