QC Supervisor Fenton, Missouri
Job Ref: 36426
Supervisor, Quality Control Analytical
Department: Quality Control
FLSA Status: Exempt
Function: The QC Supervisor will be responsible for oversight and throughput of testing on their assigned shift. The QC Supervisor will also perform data review functions, investigations and reporting of laboratory test results.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Prioritize and coordinate completion of testing to meet timelines and budgetary commitments.
- Review data and reports ensuring precise and accurate testing and information.
- Carryout laboratory investigations.
- Train laboratory employees in the use of equipment and analytical methods.
- Solve complex analytical problems.
- Follow cGMP, DEA and OSHA guidelines with regard to work practices and safety.
- Qualify, calibrate, and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Write, review, and revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as necessary.
- Review and revise laboratory systems on an ongoing basis.
- General laboratory maintenance.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Capable of writing protocols, reports, investigations, and laboratory documents.
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems and software.
- Strong knowledge of cGMP and FDA regulations for method development, validation, and transfer.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly organized.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field and ten (10) years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- One (1) to five (5) years in a supervisory or management role preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach. The employee must lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.