Purchasing/Procurement Agent Fenton, Missouri
Job Ref: 36425
Function: Plan, procure, and negotiate materials, equipment, supplies, and services from vendors. This position works closely with Manufacturing, Quality, Inventory Control, Planning, and Logistics to purchase and maintain raw material inventory while ensuring production, customer, and quality requirements are achieved. This position manages the operational flow of goods for purchased items including new product setup, raw material acquisition, inventory, and reconciliation.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Identify, evaluate, and manage vendors and services.
- Participate in supplier audits, as requested by the Quality unit.
- Requisition-to-purchase order processing.
- Set up new suppliers in Alkem’s purchasing system.
- Issue purchase orders, including change orders.
- Provide purchase order confirmation to internal customers.
- Trach purchasing activity and measurements.
- Monitor all open purchase orders to ensure they are closed or received.
- Expedite critical deliveries, as requested by internal and/or external customers.
- Ensure compliance with Alkem’s policies on expenditure authorization, purchase orders, and contracts.
- Prepare written financial and administrative reports related to Procurement/Purchasing.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve Procurement/Purchasing, decrease turnaround times, streamline processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless customer service.
- Take initiative to improve systems for procurement/purchasing process that lead to cost reductions and better
- Provide management with recommendations and/or suggestions to update policies and procedures to meet
specific business needs and to ensure the quality, accuracy, and adherence to such policies and procedures.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Familiar with procure-to-pay cycle.
- Knowledge of contract law.
- Experience and proficiency within MRP/ERP systems.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment.
- Timely completion of responsibilities.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to build teams and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Availability to travel (less than 5%).
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in supply chain, distribution, logistics, materials management, or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of directly related experience in production planning/scheduling, purchasing, or inventory management, preferably in a specialty chemical, food, or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- APICS certification (CSCP or CPIM), CPP certification, or CPM certification preferred.
- ASQ CQA Certification highly preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds daily.
- Standing for long periods of time on a regular basis; up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate clearly.