Microbiologist Fenton, Missouri
Job Ref: 36424
FLSA Status: Salaried
Function: The position is responsible for performing microbiological analysis, in process bioburden testing, final product endotoxin and sterility testing, investigate out-of-limit or out-of-specification test results, and provide lab support for validation and business development activities.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Perform microbiological testing in support of environmental testing, raw materials, in-process, final product, stability, and method validation.
- Prepare and qualify media, reagents, buffers and diluents for microbiological testing.
- Prepare and maintain bacterial and fungal cultures.
- Provide excellent aseptic technique.
- Populate environmental monitoring, purified water and isolate identification trending databases.
- Order, stock, receive, label, log and inventory laboratory supplies.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Perform general laboratory maintenance.
- Peer review data and reports.
- Participate in laboratory investigations, root cause analyses and CAPA plan implementation.
- Review and revise SOP’s.
- Follow cGMP and OSHA guidelines with regards to work practices and safety.
- Other duties, which may be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology or related field.
- Preferably 1 to 3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Some lifting less than 35 pounds.