Director of Quality Assurance Totowa, New Jersey
Job Ref: 36418
DIRECTOR OF QUALITY ASSURANCE OPENING IN TOTOWA NJ. MUST COME FROM FOOD OR BEVERAGE OR FOOD PACKAGING. MUST BE HACCP CERTIFIED AND DEFIANTLY A BACHELORS DEGREE. 150-155K SALARY RANGE !!! IF YOU ARE NOT AT A DIRECTOR LEVEL OR READY FOR DIRECTOR LEVEL PLEASE DONT APPLY
Job Description: Director of Quality Assurance
• Working closely with the Director of Manufacturing, the Director of Quality Assurance will create and successfully implement a robust integrated quality management system. This includes, but not limited to:
o Establishing rigorous quality assurance standards after studying customer requirements with other members of company and supply chain leadership.
o Establishing raw material standards by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements.
o Partnering with key suppliers to ensure they adhere to Kari-Out’s expectations and, as needed quickly implement corrective actions.
o Establishing in-process and final product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods and devising testing methods and procedures.
o Instituting rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures.
o Creating a robust product quality documentation system by writing and revising quality assurance procedures.
o Maintaining consistent product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies, procedures and standards.
o Preparing product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. This includes developing corrective action plans and driving their successful implementation.
o Building quality assurance capability at each manufacturing site by training and coaching employees, following up on requests, quickly addressing issues, etc.
o Developing the quality assurance staff at each site by assisting with recruiting, selecting, orienting, training and coaching great talent.
o Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating as needed in professional societies.
o As a member of the company’s Expanded Leadership Team contribute to this team’s success through active engagement.
o Working in collaboration with government agencies (Federal and State) to assure all quality related activities at the applicable worksite are within compliance.
• Plant quality assurance teams
Desired Education and Experience
• This role requires a highly experienced quality executive with 7+ years of experience in high volume, high mix manufacturing and distribution companies. Preferably, the candidate will have worked for major market-driven companies with exposure to best-in-class processes, and for smaller, more entrepreneurial companies where resources must be deployed creatively. Prior experience in a closely held or family owned business would be a significant advantage.
• The ideal candidate will have successfully created quality improvement systems and demonstrated significant, sustained improvement in results.
• They will have led large-scale change efforts and have a thorough understanding of project management, continuous improvement and extensive experience in the application and implementation of Lean and High Performing Teams.
• A Bachelor's Degree is required. An MBA or relevant graduate degree would be advantageous, as would appropriate quality and continuous improvement certifications.
• HACCP/HARPC Certification Required (hazard analysis critical control point/hazard analysis risk preventative control)
• PCQI Certification preferred (preventative control qualified individual)
• SQF Certification preferred (safe quality food)
• Building highly effective, collaborative working relationships at all levels in the organization
• Strong ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing)
• Rapidly builds trust with fellow employees
• Effectively leading change in a small business environment
• High level of self determination and self management (gets things done)
• Detail oriented, tech savvy, willingness to continually learn and embrace new approaches
• Bias to action, calmly solves problems, follow-throughs, holds self & others accountable, willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
• Has a high capacity for learning and potential to grow into positions of increased responsibility
• Solid fit with the Company's core values and culture
Compensation and Location
• The position provides a competitive base salary, an aggressive performance-based incentive plan, comprehensive benefits, and if required, relocation assistance.
• The position is based at the Totowa, NJ Manufacturing Plant and requires frequent travel to company facilities, suppliers, and customers. There is flexibility for some work from home.