Lead Maintenance Technician Scotia, New York
Job Ref: 36416
MAINTENANCE LEAD OPENING IN SCOTIO NY WITH STRONG HANDS ON EXPERIENCE WITH PRIOR SUPERVISORY SKILLS. PAY IS VERY STRONG 80-90K. STRONG ELECTRICAL MECHANICAL, HANDS ON, SUPERVISORY SKILLS, PLC EXP.
Job Description: PM Lead Tech
This position will long term include key responsibilities such as:
- Evaluates effectiveness of current PMs through checking OEE and failure rates
- Works with Maintenance Planner to ensure all parts and kits available for execution of program
- Leverages Technical knowledge to help assist maintenance team troubleshoot equipment issues
- Develops and refines PMs for start up lines and new equipment purchases made at the facility
- Assists in engineering projects when needed
- Two PM Techs
Desired Education and Experience
- Minimum of 15-20 years of hands on experience in Maintenance department in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Maintenance and Electrical certifications and mastery required
- CAD, Proficiency in SolidWorks strongly preferred
- Basic understanding and ability to read prints and schematics
- Working knowledge of computer programs with the ability to learn more as needed (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and CMMS).
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing)
- Rapidly builds trust with fellow employees
- Effective in leading change and new programs in a maintenance department
- High level of self-determination and self-management (gets things done)
- Detail oriented, tech savvy, willingness to continually learn and embrace new approaches (growth
- Bias to action, calmly solves problems, follow-throughs, holds self & others accountable, willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Highly organized, ability to set up work weeks in advance versus focusing only daily activities
- Work comfortably in a constantly changing environment and demonstrate the ability to be resilient in the face of uncertainty and stress.
- Has a high capacity for troubleshooting equipment and understand methodology to do it effectively and properly capture learnings
- Able to think out of box and be flexible with problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills interacting with all levels of the organization
- Solid fit with the Company's values and culture
Compensation and Location
- The position provides a competitive base salary, an aggressive performance-based incentive plan, comprehensive benefits, and if required, relocation assistance.
- The position is based at the manufacturing facility SQP in Scotia, NY.