Operations Manager Scotia, New York
Job Ref: 36414
OPERATIONS MANAGER WITH A STRONG BACKGROUND IN LEAN MANUFACTURING, FOOD PACKAGING OR COMUMER PACKAGING EXP IS PRFERRED. MUST HAVE A BACHELORS DEGREE. 115-125K WITH 10% BONUS
PAPER CARTON FOOD PACKAGING PLANT !!!
Job Description: Operations Manager
The Operations Manager SQP division is a role that will help lead production activities of the facility. They will lead the team in driving a safety-first culture, developing production team talent, and hitting both short term and long term business targets around production volumes, costs, and quality.
• This position will long term include key responsibilities such as:
• Coach, mentor, and set goals for direct reports and their teams
• Lead the development, education, and training of new and improved manufacturing methods and creation of process standards, hands on
• Support execution of plant goals in department and make sure team knows “it won for the day”
• Drive and sustain process improvement in manufacturing operation
• Identify and reduce sources of labor efficiency variations
• Identify and reduce product nonconformance’s caused by process variation
• Utilize continuous improvement principles and participate in action workouts to improve process capability; reduce overall cost and increase capacity
• Resolve manufacturing process problems through execution of proper root cause analysis
• Ability to develop and/or execute operational projects to increase performance
• Pursue continuous improvement, implementation of lean activities, for equipment efficiency, quality and cost reduction
• Work as change agent, understanding and supporting leading operation toward world-class performance
• Interface with cross functional leadership quality, human resources, sales, finance to help support business goal
• Shift Production Supervisors
Desired Education and Experience
• Highly experienced leader with 10+ years of experience, preferably in a process-oriented operation and/or related industry (food, paper or plastic would be ideal).
• Proven track record of building a successful production team and collaborating with key Corporate and Supply Chain resources
• Demonstrated track record of driving team to perform to goals in safety, cost, and quality targets.
• Experience developing new products, leading substrate change or improvements
• Led large scale change efforts and have a thorough understanding of project management, continuous improvement and extensive experience in the application and implementation of Lean and High Performing Teams.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, planning skills and experience with the latest project and capital management software
• Ability to make data driven decision
• Demonstrated root cause analyses skills
• Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical Engineering or an Engineering discipline from an accredited university or college highly preferred
• Building highly effective, collaborative working relationships at all levels in the organization
• Strong ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing)
• Rapidly builds trust with fellow employees
• Effectively leading change in a small business environment
• High level of self-determination and self-management (gets things done)
• Detail oriented, tech savvy, willingness to continually learn and embrace new approaches (growth
• Bias to action, calmly solves problems, follow-throughs, holds self & others accountable, willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
• Highly organized, ability to work on multiple project and meet tight deadlines.
• Work comfortably in a constantly changing environment and demonstrate the ability to be resilient in the face of uncertainty and stress.
• Familiarity with implementing Lean tools (5s, SMED, Kaizen)
• Has a high capacity for learning and potential to grow into positions of increased responsibility
• Excellent interpersonal skills interacting with all levels of the organization
• Solid fit with the Company's values and culture
Compensation and Location
• The position provides a competitive base salary, an aggressive performance-based incentive plan, comprehensive benefits, and if required, relocation assistance.
• The position is based at the SQP, Scotia, NY.