Maintenance Supervisor Scotia, New York
Job Ref: 36413
DAY SHIFT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR. HANDS ON, FOOD PACAKGING OR CONSUMER PACKAGING REQUIRED. THIS PLANT MAKES PAPER CARTON TO GO FOOD CONTAINERS FOR CHINESE FOOD. 90-100K DAY SHIFT M-F 7AM-5PM
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Department/ Group: Maintenance/Engineering
Reports to: Plant Maintenance & Engineering Manager
Responsible to lead the plant maintenance team to provide outstanding daily support of the manufacturing operations. In addition, they will ensure critical programs are followed (such as PM’s, etc.) to ensure the long-term reliability of the process. Key success factors in this role include improving safety, increasing production throughout, and enhancing product quality.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES • Provide daily direction and guidance to maintenance team members to ensure that day-to-day technical support needs and goals are met.
• Work closely with other plant personnel to coordinate activities and ensure production goals are met
• Identify through significant “on the floor” time opportunities to improve the operations as well as how maintenance delivers support; i.e. completing maintenance work orders timely
• Work with PM team to ensure daily, weekly, monthly PM schedule is met and quality of work meets standard
• Ensure that agreed to procedures and processes (such as PM, safety, etc.) are being followed and proactively address issues
• Participate as requested in projects being planned or implemented, such as new equipment installations.
• Work closely with suppliers and vendors as needed to support their work and ensure their jobs get done on time, at budget
• Provide technical coaching, training, and mentoring to team members as needed.
• Recruit and onboard new members to the maintenance team
• As needed proactively address employee concerns and performance issues
• Previous experience as a maintenance technician in a manufacturing environment (high-speed operations preferred)
• Solid mechanical skills, basic understanding of electrical. Automation experience highly desired.
• Proven ability and results in leading a diverse team, including managing performance,
• Able to work both independently, delivering results with general/minimal guidance from management
• High level of drive & initiative, including flexibility in working long hours and back-shifts of needed
• Super hands-on orientation, including willingness to assist teams by “turning a wrench”, actively removing barriers to getting the job done, etc.
• Knowledge of health and safety practices and regulations
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS • High school diploma required. Degree from a vocational school is a plus.
• 3-5 years supervisor experience required
• 5-7 years of maintenance experience required
• Professional certifications such as CMRP or HVAC preferred
• Proficiency in MS office (Excel, Word)
• SAP/ERP experience desired