Plant Manager Waynesboro, Virginia
Job Ref: 36410
PLANT MANAGER OPENING IN WAYNESBORO VIRGINA AT A LARGE PLASTIC MANUFACTURING PLANT
SALARY RANGE : 145-155,000
RELOCATION : YES FULL RELO
DEGREE: MUST HAVE A BACHELORS DEGREE
EXPERIENCE : PLASTICS OR FOOD EXP
Provide leadership and daily direction to all manufacturing departments. Ensure compliance to all company policies and procedures.. Responsible for all manufacturing related activities in the areas of safety, environmental, sustainability, quality, productivity, and cost control. Establish and maintain a culture of empowerment and continuous improvement.
Section 3: Primary Responsibilities (Task, Duties Performed and Essential Functions)
• Responsible for establishment, compliance and leadership of plant safety objectives.
• Ensure compliance to all safety policies and procedures. Establish and maintain a “safety first” culture.
• Plan, organize, and direct the manufacturing, process engineering, and maintenance functions to ensure the most effective return on assets.
• Interact regularly with Frontline Leaders and production employees to provide direction and leadership. Be a visible presence in manufacturing and distribution areas.
• Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure alignment with Berry Global’s strategic initiatives and core values.
• Initiate plans and processes to minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials and capital.
• Ensure compliance with all government regulatory requirements.
• Establish and maintain a culture of continuous improvement, quality, high performance and process excellence
• Establish team and individual accountabilities for problem solving and cost reduction.
• Ensure effective labor utilization within departments to allow for maximum return on labor investment.
• Manage spending against budget and in relation to production volume
• Establish management practices to throughout facility to encourage employees’ positive involvement, with the opportunity for constructive input and action
• Conduct daily operations meetings and periodic plant communications meetings. Ensure effective communication with all employees.
• Ensure budget and financial forecasts are developed and met.
• Partner with Finance function to ensure all business related decisions are financially/legally/ethically justified.
• Ensure timely, effective and efficient procurement, inventory levels and delivery of finished goods.
• Partner with the Human Resources function to ensure effective management of human capital.
• Participate in long term strategic planning involving the optimum utilization of Berry Global assets and human resources.
• Through leveraged knowledge of current technology and market trends, participates in the definition of advanced products required to sustain a cost effective competitive position.
• Responsible for driving the full implementation of cost improvement programs to consistently maintain a cost competitive edge in the manufacturing of products.
• Direct or support the effective implementation of investment projects approved for capacity or facility expansion and upgrades.
• Creates and maintains contingency plans.
• Continuously validates quality indicators and best practices developed in other Berry Global plants (internal benchmarking).
• Prepare and present annual budget to senior management. .
• Supervise/manage direct reports (including decision-making for hiring, promotion and discharge).
• May lead or participate in regional or global projects
Other duties as assigned.
Section 4: Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
? Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects or tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; talk or hear. The employee must periodically lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will frequently climb up to three levels above floor level.
? Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time; dust; heat; humidity, odors. The noise level in the work environment varies and hearing protection is required in some work areas. The employee is frequently exposed to extremely high speed machinery with open inward turning rolls, extremely hot surface areas and moving lift truck traffic.
Section 5: Education / Work Experience
Education (Degree/Major) Bachelor’s degree in related field required (Engineering preferred)
Certifications Six Sigma green or black belt preferred
Work Experience 7 years minimum leadership experience in a manufacturing facility. (textile or extrusion preferred) Experience in quality control, engineering and operations of a textile, paper or extrusion manufacturer preferred. Experience in Oracle preferred.
Language See country specifications. Multi-lingual Spanish/English preferred