MAINTENANCE MECHANIC Portland, Oregon
Job Ref: 36400
FOOD PLANT IN PORTLAND OREGON NEEDS TWO DAY SHIFT ELECTRO MECHANICS
First shift (5:30a – 2:00p): would include at least 1 weekend day
26 PER HOUR.
Benefits start on the first day of employment.
Hourly employees will earn up to 80 hours of vacation, with the first year prorated. They will have 40 hours of front loaded sick time to use on day 91 of employment. This sick time expires each March 31, and is reloaded in full on April 1.
Lastly, all hourly employees will receive a $500 monthly appreciation bonus until October 2021, up to $2500. Please see attached for additional information.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing maintenance procedures on plant equipment. Individual will have good working knowledge of operation/maintenance of shop equipment. Will apply mechanical ability in all aspects of job while performing daily routine activities.
- Perform proper preventive maintenance using approved, safe techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring equipment is ready for production start-up.
- Responsible for repairs on worn out or damaged equipment.
- Perform needed equipment modification and fabrication.
- Assist production, sanitation, and other support groups when needed.
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Sanitation Practices (GSP).
- Follow all safety rules and practices.
- Perform work techniques, speeds, and efficiencies at company standards.
- Works with and understands the MP2 system program.
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures for equipment.
- Develop and implement innovations to improve efficiency, safety, up-time and reduce maintenance costs.
- Will lubricate equipment with thorough understanding of requirements for a variety of devices and applications.
- Perform all other work as required.
QUALIFICATIONS : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required
- Six months or more manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to read and comprehends basic blue-prints and mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to read and understands test meters.
- Must possess basic understanding of maintenance and installation of facility plumbing system, boilers, air compressors and hydraulic system.
- Basic knowledge of basic math skills is required
- Ability to read, writes and communicate effectively .
- Basic understanding of HACCP and food safety concepts
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Knowledge of basic math skills.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.