Maintenance Technician Portland, Maine
Job Ref: 36377
Maintenance Technician – 2nd shift
Full Job Description
Seafood company is seeking highly motivated team members to join our 2nd shift team as full time, Maintenance Technician.
As a Maintenance Technician, you’ll spend your time:
- Maintaining the physical plant in the best condition for long term operation, including all plumbing, electrical, flooring and structural components
- Ensure all plant equipment is in top operating condition
- Ensure routine maintenance schedules meet production and food safety needs
- Maintain all forklifts, pallet jacks and other industrial trucks in good operating condition and coordinate with Warehouse and the Production departments to ensure necessary lifts are available
You’ll be successful if:
- You have a strong attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- You have a strong work ethic and initiative.
- You have good communication skills
- You can manage multiple tasks and work with frequent changes and interruptions.
- With appropriate clothing you are comfortable working in a colder environment. Due to the nature of seafood production the average temperature in our plant is 38 degrees Fahrenheit.
Hours are 4:00 pm to 2:00 am (shift differential is included in the rate, will consider going a little higher in rate for the right candidate). Overtime is sometimes available and sometimes requested.
Pay: $25.00 – $27.00 per hour *(you're eligible for a $2 an hour increase each week over and above your base rate each week if you have perfect attendance, will still be eligible if you have a pre-planned event but not for unexcused lateness or absence), there is an annual bonus based on performance and company profitability, need 2-5 years experience, should be mechanically inclined with motors and engine experience, PLC experience isn’t needed. There are currently 2 Maintenance Techs on first shift, there are air purifiers present for the smell, this tech will be the only technician on 2nd shift and there is a total crew of 30 on 2nd shift. Benefits start 30 days after your start date, if you started on 6/16 for example, you would be eligible for benefits as of August 1st: There are conveyors, laser waterjets – includes x-ray portion to see the bones and handle deboning. It’s about 38 degrees in the factory, a candidate can start very quickly if they're readily available for work. If you’re pulling equipment out, you may have to pull out 30 pounds but it’s mainly a lot of standing, stooping, and pulling.
- 401(k) matching 3% match
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
- High school or equivalent (preferred)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)