Warehouse Inventory Manager Oakland, Mississippi
Job Ref: 36373
Warehouse Inventory Manager
Managing Planners and Buyers exp is a must have as well as warehouse logistics managing exp
Full Relocation Available
Looking for the following skills:
Essential functions of this position include the organization and management of raw material and packaging purchasing, collaboration on production scheduling, raw material and finished goods inventory control, warehousing operations, shipping, receiving, and logistics of inbound and outbound transportation of materials and finished goods.
Job Title: Materials Manager
The Materials Manager will be accountable for the direction, coordination, control and physical progression of raw materials and packaging through the manufacturing system, into finished goods and deployment. Essential functions of this position include the organization and management of raw material and packaging purchasing, collaboration on production scheduling, raw material and finished goods inventory control, warehousing operations, shipping, receiving, and logistics of inbound and outbound transportation of materials and finished goods.
• Manage the purchasing and coordination of shipping and receiving of plant materials to support production needs, maintaining an inventory balance that aligns with plant needs and working capital objectives.
• Provide strong leadership to foster employee participation in continuous improvement activities, open communication and a self-directed team approach.
• Determine staffing requirements and plans for the appropriate selection, training, and evaluation of all department personnel.
• Develop and direct department training to improve work performance and educate personnel on company policies and procedures.
• Plan, develop, and implement new methods and procedures designed to improve department efficiency, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials
• Collaborate with operations to generate a weekly production schedule that aligns with the business forecast, sales demand, and current finished goods inventory while maximizing production efficiency and labor resources.
• Develop and manage department budget and cost control performance indicators.
• Establish, communicate and ensure adherence to operational procedures to manage and control the inventory of raw materials and packaging both onsite and offsite.
• Manage system inventory to ensure accuracy of raw materials, packaging and finished goods. Conduct periodic cycle counts and physical inventories to ensure system accuracy.
• Oversee the issuance of materials and receiving of returned materials used by Production during the manufacturing process by generating and reviewing transaction and accounting reports.
• Coordinate the receiving of finished goods from production and directing the transfer of these goods to either inventory or shipment.
• Evaluate transportation needs and schedule incoming and outgoing freight accordingly.
• Develop the deployment schedule for finished goods for shipment to outside warehouses.
• Collaborate and frequently communicate with Quality Assurance on product holds to ensure held product is maintained in held inventory status until released by QA.
• Direct the salvage and/or disposal of non-useable products in accordance with company standards.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with suppliers to help resolve disputes timely and professionally.
• Promote a safe working environment by providing required training and by ensuring all employees are following safety procedures while performing their jobs.
• Lead by example, setting a high standard for excellence and performance.
• Perform all other work as required by the Company.
• High school diploma and 5-7 years warehouse/logistics experience in a USDA food manufacturing facility required. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years of this experience must be in a supervisory or management role.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with employees in a clear and concise manner either through written or verbal instruction.
• Ability to read and interpret documents as well as the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
• Strong mathematical skills and the ability to apply concepts to practical situations.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to problems involving several variables in standardized and unstandardized situations.
• Strong computer skills including MRP, JDE, Microsoft Outlook and Office, specifically Microsoft Excel.
• Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and activities.
• Leadership skills required to effectively manage multiple resources across multiple functions while acting as a key team member of the plant staff, providing leadership within the entire plant organization.
• Must be willing to travel as business needs require.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.