Sanitation Manager Oakland, Mississippi
Job Ref: 36371
3rd shift Sanitation Manager for a Large Food manufacturing plant in Oakland Mississippi
Rural Area most be ok with a rural area.
Salary Range: 110-115k
Full Relocation Available
Must have a strong food sanitation background.
Must have a Bachelors Degree as well.
Job Title: Sanitation Manager
The Sanitation Manager will be accountable for planning, directing, and managing employee work activities and the resources necessary for the sanitation process and support departments during the 3rd shift of operation. Essential functions of this position include the functional supervision of all staff utilized on the shift, directing all sanitation functions within the shift, and ensuring a successful transition from sanitation to manufacturing. The Sanitation Manager will ensure all activities performed are in accordance with established occupational safety, food safety, quality, cost, and quantity specifications.
• Ensure 100% compliance with Master Sanitation Schedule
• Develop and enforce plant Sanitation Standard Operation Procedures (SSOPS); maintain SQF Policies and procedures and the Sanitation Manual
• Develop and manage Sanitation budget and cost control performance indicators
• Oversee all activity on the shift and coordinate with Maintenance Manager, and Team Leaders to ensure completion of preventative maintenance and critical equipment repairs
• Determine staffing requirements and plans for the appropriate selection, training, and evaluation of all personnel within Sanitation
• Ensure strict observance of all safety rules and regulations
• Act as a liaison with federal and state agencies to ensure plant compliance and regulatory issues
• Compile and generate period Sanitation Audit results, SQF audit results and environmental data to management
• Ensure approved chemicals and processes for all Sanitation functions and SSOP’s are followed at all times
• Plan, develop, and implement new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials
• Maintain daily Sanitation documentation to verify sanitation activities and to ensure compliance to standards
• Document corrective action for all deficiencies noted on SQF, pre-operational and corporate audits
• Develop and direct worker training to improve work performance and educate workers on company policies and procedures
• Collaborate with other management, engineering, and quality assurance personnel to resolve production problems and recommend measures to improve the operations and utilization of machines and equipment
• Prepare department budget and monitor expenditure accordingly
• Prepare and maintain efficiency and variance reports to monitor daily KPI within Sanitation.
• Plan and manage the execution of sanitation processes including the master sanitation clean-up schedule, chemical inventory levels, permits, licenses, applications and records and in compliance with Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Master Sanitation Schedule, occupational safety and organic integrity requirements
• Review production processing schedules to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and work assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints
• Collaborate with other departments on shut down and startup of production processes to ensure facility preparedness and compliance with sanitation processes
• Recommend and/or manage continuous improvement in a way that engages employees and functional partners in a systematic, effective and collaborative manner
• Establish priorities and allocate resources to measure and track improvements in shift performance.
• Provide direction and leadership in the resolution of technical, production-related and quality problems to assure completion
• Ensure deviations are investigated fully, driving root cause analysis for corrective action
• Lead the department through both tactical and strategic initiatives in accordance with established company procedures, safety and quality standards and government or regulatory guidelines
• Drive 5S implementation/practices while generating and implementing process and/or productivity improvements
• High school diploma and 3-5 years production or related experience in a USDA food manufacturing facility required. Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent technical school degree preferred or equivalent experience and education;
• Experience supporting sanitation practices and knowledge of chemical storage and usage practices required.
• Knowledgeable at creating precise employee documentation and files
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with and train employees in a clear and concise manner either through written or verbal instruction
• Ability to read and interpret documents as well as the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
• Strong mathematical skills and the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to problems involving several variables in standardized and unstandardized situations
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and Office, specifically Microsoft Excel.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.