Field Service Technician Milpitas, California
Job Ref: 36370
FIELD SERVICE MECHANIC OPENING IN MILPITAS CA
M-F DAY SHIFT 6AM -330PM
MUST BE OK TRAVELING TO OTHER PLANTS LOCALLY FIXING MANUFACTURING EQUIPMENT.
PAY RANGE: 30-34 PER HOUR
Job Description: Field Service Technician
Company provides a company truck day shift 6am to 330 pm M-F
Provide technical support to the concrete admixture sales team in the installation and support of dispenser equipment at customer locations; troubleshoot and repair equipment as necessary. Prepare reports and maintain records of equipment usage, equipment problems, etc. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Region Manager or other local sales manager who schedules work assignments. The employee in this position works independently within established policies and procedures.
Company will supply a vehicle, cell phone, tools, and necessary equipment to get the job done.
This is a field position that works in the area of Milpitas, CA.
he position typically requires up to 55 hours per week.
•Travel to customer locations to assemble and install dispenser equipment, including electrical components;
•Troubleshoot basic electrical and mechanical equipment to insure all parts are operational.
•Assemble, install, service, maintain and repair dispenser equipment as needed. Assist customer in the use and Maintenance of equipment.
•Work with supervisor to plan and organize installations for maximum utilization and efficiency of materials and equipment.
•Assist with concrete product testing at the customer's location; maintain log of activities and results. Maintain customer service log.
•Maintain inventory of equipment and parts; insure availability of all materials needed to install and maintain dispenser equipment.
•Work closely with sales team and customers to insure excellent customer satisfaction with product and service and to resolve issues.
•Act as liaison between new construction sales and customers in responding to issues and/or problems.
•Suggest and recommend new/revised procedures for improved efficiencies and economies in technical services and dispenser support areas.
•Develop and prepare reports to support dispenser and technical service operations; develop and prepare daily, weekly, monthly and other reports for management review of customer contact and service activity.
· 3+ years construction maintenance or other experience demonstrating mechanical and electrical aptitude and ability.
· Associate's Degree in mechanical or electrical technology a plus.
· Must have working knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical concepts.
· Effective organization and interpersonal and effective oral and written communication skills are required.
· Must have the physical ability to climb concrete plants and platforms, lift 50 pounds on a regular basis, and bend and stretch to perform tasks.
· Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships, willingness to travel overnight.
· The ability to work flexible hours to support business and customer demands is required.
· Must be able to maintain and perform repairs on equipment.
· Must have the ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.
· A valid state motor vehicle operator's license is required.
• Remote interview process • Personal protective equipment provided or required • Temperature screenings • Social distancing guidelines in place • Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place