QA Supervisor Springfield, Utah
Job Ref: 36358
To supervise the quality department with responsibility for product / package quality, safety, compliance, Good Manufacturing Practices, and executing all QA / QC protocols to ensure Plant Quality service objectives are met. In addition the main duties include overseeing the quality assurance functions and process controls, supervising personnel to complete the daily QA /QC tasks; full compliance with SOPs and safety requirements, administrative policies; preventive maintenance schedule of laboratory / process equipment; monitoring of records, personnel development, process improvements.
- Responsible for supervising the utilization of laboratory / water treatment/ syrup blending / sanitation / microbiological equipment, raw materials, quality processes and people in a food production/packaging environment.
- Optimize resources while ensuring raw materials and finished product meet specifications and manufacturing standards and in accordance with FDA, CFIA USDA, Good Manufacturing Practices, SQF, HACCP, and all other governmental policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Working with internal management team to schedule work/tasks relating to quality compliance.
- Oversee daily QA and QC inspections to ensure all products are meeting compliance.
- Write, update, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures.
- Supervises accurate and timely reporting of work documentations and records to ensure integrity and retention requirements.
- Collaborate work functions with Corporate R&D and Technical services as needed for quality affirmation and continuous improvements.
- Provides training and cross training to assure departmental objectives are met within budget, product specifications, quality requirements and safety standards.
- Develop, implement and facilitate the facility’s food safety and food quality programs to assure compliance and achieve desired results. Is the Safe Quality Food Practitioner to include pre-requisite programs.
- Responsible for validation and verification of Food Safety and Food Quality Plans
- Responsible for program of foods requiring preservation of identity (Kosher), for investigating customer complaints, for validation of the effectiveness of sanitation and for raw material / Approved Suppliers.
- Has the responsibility and authority to lead the development and implementation of the Food Safety Plan, Food Quality Plan & Food Safety Fundamentals.
- Has the responsibility and authority to oversee the development, implementation, review, and maintenance of the SQF 2000 System.
- Responsible for validation and verification of HACCP and Food Quality Plans.
- Have an understanding of SQF, responsible for Food Safety/Food Quality and the responsibility to take action when notified or becomes aware of any Food Safety or Food Quality issue.