Maintenance Engineer Adams, Massachusetts
Job Ref: 36354
80k – 90k
World class company produces a broad range of mineral-based and synthetic mineral products.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer at our Adams, MA location. The Maintenance Engineer position, under minimal supervision, is responsible for implementing machinery and process improvements using management of change best practices while promoting company’s values of a safe, environmentally compliant workplace, and philosophy of continuous improvement with the workforce.
Process Improvements and Operational Upgrading
- Works with the Engineering Manager to ensure alignment with corporate TPM vision, precision maintenance, and preventive maintenance methodology.
- Plans, designs, and manages improvement projects to increase reliability and improve productivity metrics.
- Helps initiate, plan, and execute special projects and evaluations, process improvements, hazard and nuisance control, reclamation, waste and cost control and operations upgrading.
- Participates in development and execution of Hoshin deliverables to achieve greater efficiencies throughout the plant.
- Incorporates Lean Manufacturing principles and tools such as 5S, Kaizen, TPM, Standard Work and Kanban to drive change and generate cost savings.
- Works with area department managers to improve equipment performance and reliability.
Financial Planning and Cost Control
- Participates in the Capital Project Process to fund re-buildable spares and process improvements.
- Develops Return on Investment business case for potential changes.
- Works with Finance in the periodic construction of budgets and forecasts.
Safety and Personnel
- Establishes and maintains a safe working environment, promoting company’s safe workplace values
- Develops and maintains a high degree of morale within the area and promotes good communication throughout the department and with other parts of the Plant and Company.
- Supports and administers company policies.
- Works with the EHS team in the promotion of safety (personnel and facility) and the effective handling of industrial relations in the area.
- Participates in MSHA inspections, as required.
- Remains aware of new technology and incorporates as appropriate in projects to improve efficiencies and lower costs.
- Researches CIP ideas, documents appropriately and supervises implement and completion as appropriate.
- Develops CPP and CPA documents as required and executes implementation of projects upon approval, monitoring and maintaining budgeted throughout installation.
Continuous Improvement / Lean
- Drives Operational Excellence initiatives; establishes and maintains an environment that utilizes the principles of Lean Manufacturing.
- Seeks training opportunities to further develop methodologies for self and others.
- Works with other sites to share best practices and identify low-hanging fruit.
- Acts as resource and champion for department continuous improvement activities (Suggestion Program, 5S, Kaizen, TPM, problem solving, etc.).
- This is considered a safety sensitive position therefore will be subject to random drug testing as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related engineering field Experience: 5 years engineering experience (Reliability, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering preferred). Experience with Oracle eAM or similar
maintenance management software required. Proficient with MS Office. Experience with statistical analysis tools like Minitab. Must have successful experience in one or more positions requiring leadership and interpersonal skills. Must have a mature understanding of Operation Excellence, including the use of Lean Manufacturing tools such as 5S, Kaizen, TPM, Standard Work and Kanban.
Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically required to regularly conduct work in a controlled office environment, moving around the office as needed, sitting at a desk, and using office equipment, including but not limited to a personal computer, fax, copier and phone. Constant contact with individuals internal and external to the organization occurs via various methods of communication typically including face-to-face discussions, electronic mail, phone calls, written letters and/or faxes. On an infrequent basis, there may be exposure to plant production areas, which includes exposure to outside weather conditions as well as loud noise from equipment and dust from production processes.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay, commensurate with experience
- Health/Dental/Vision plans
- 401k company match
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Assistance Plan