Maintenance Technician Old Hickory, Tennessee
Job Ref: 36353
Maintenance is a multi-craft with an emphasis in electrical.
Shift: Mon- Fri 8am – 4pm
Entry Level Pay Rate: $29.81 OT available
Multi-Craft Rate: (once certified): $33.13
Annual increases and twice a year opportunity for plant bonus payment based on business performance.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Job Group: Individual Contributor – Technical
Job Family: Operations – Maintenance & Reliability
Overtime Status: Non-Exempt
Worker’s Compensation: Manufacturing (2305)
Region: Americas Location:
Old Hickory, TN
Position Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
This Position Has Direct Reports:
Section 2: Job Summary
Repair machinery as required and actively participate in maintenance, failure avoidance, and continuous improvement
Section 3: Primary Responsibilities (Task, Duties Performed and Essential Functions)
1. Completes responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures, and applicable laws.
2. Actively participate in risk assessment activities for their area of responsibility.
3. Actively participate in incident investigations, root cause analysis and support implemented corrective actions.
4. Participate in safety observation programs as required.
5. Create and maintain a team effort attitude and team approach within the department and plant,
6. Review work orders with resource as they are received, ask for clarification and confer with the requestor for additional clarification when needed.
7. Originate and process emergency work orders when necessary.
8. Have a clear understanding of and strictly comply with LO/TO policy.
9. Use computer system to find needed parts for repairs.
10. Maintain written documentation of work performed.
11. Complete PM’s as required both safely and procedurally.
12. Troubleshoot an inoperable machine or piece of equipment. Work may involve installing, servicing, replacing, and/or repairing any machine or equipment plant-wide, with or without schematics. Exact skills will be based on competencies known and properly trained in. Specifics of this could be:
13. ET – Troubleshoot and repair distribution equipment, such as transformers, motors, breakers; locate areas of
electrical trouble using by using proper test equipment; replace generators, motors, and controllers; test, energize, and repair different types of circuits; and ability to test, trouble shoot, change and program PLC’s or drives.
14. Mechanics – Complete line walks; scheduled preventive maintenance; conduct major overhauls including changing
or repairing large pieces of equipment; and assist operations in processing issues like un-choking cards.
15. Calibrate different instrument types.
16. Understand and fully utilize all ISO procedures.
17. Operate basic and advanced shop tools as required to maintain or repair equipment.
18. General cleaning to maintain clean work areas.
19. Shift to shift communication and with the rest of the maintenance or operational team.
20. Ability to work day or night shift, as needed.
21. Willingness and ability to train on new technology.
22. Trained of rigging and hoists.
23. Reads drawings, prints & sketches.
24. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
25. Ability to prioritize and effectively utilize available resources.
26. Train others as neededJOB DESCRIPTION
27. Works overtime as needed
28. Other duties as assigned
Section 4: Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
? Physical demands:
1) Ability to stand and walk 12 hours or more a day on concrete, solid metal or corrugated metal surfaces to
perform production duties.
2) Employee must be able to work rotating 8 hour shifts if needed.
3) Ability to sit while driving and operating material handling equipment 1- 3 hours per shift.
4) Ability to sit while entering data into computers, reviewing data, completing reports, etc.
5) Employee must be able to climb, bend, stoop and crawl.
6) Employee must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
7) Required to frequently ascend and descend up to three flights of stairs over extremely fast moving
8) Required to safely access fast moving machinery which includes rolls with inward nip points.
? WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1) Area may or may not be air conditioned or heated, and may be humid and hot or cold depending on
2) Exposure to hot and/or abrasive surfaces.
3) Required to be in tight spaces on occasion and to heights daily.
4) Possible exposure to noise levels over 90 decibels for 12 hours at certain locations.
5) Moving machinery or moving objects on production floor.
6) Floor surfaces slippery at times.
7) Exposure to chemicals which may cause eye or skin irritation and/or burns, and irritation to respiratory
8) Exposure to static electricity on occasion.
9) Exposure to and use of sharp implements at times.
10) Exposure to outside elements on occasion.
? Mental Abilities
1) Ability to make decisions regarding work priorities.
2) Ability to read charts and document numbers and events on paper and in computer.
3) Ability to read electrical indicators and laboratory equipment indicators.
4) Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
5) Ability to interact with digital and basic computerized record & control systems.
Section 5: Education / Work Experience
Associate’s Degree in Industrial Electronics or equivalent preferred
Certifications Six Sigma Certification (Black or Green) and TPM – preferred, not required
Journeyman’s License preferred
Work Experience 5+ years of manufacturing experience in a maintenance role
Language See Country Specifications
Section 6 : Competencies (Technical, Business / Organizational, People / Behavioral)
1. Communication –
? Presents ideas/facts clearly and concisely in oral or written format.
? Drives company core values.
? Ability to tactfully yet assertively state position and possess the persuasiveness to obtain leader agreement.
? Must possess and display integrity.
? Written communication clear and concise.
2. Creativity –
? Can adapt/transfer new methods or ideas to situations to maximize results.
3. Integrity –
? Takes responsibility for mistakes, respects confidentiality, completes commitments on time
4. Team & Winning Spirit –
? Ability to work effectively with others to achieve goals.
5. Time Management –
? Makes effective use of time.
? Has sense of timing and orderly process.
? Get things done within expected time frame.
6. Planning –
? Plans beyond today.
7. Process Management –
? Understanding asset capability
? Product Knowledge
? Continuous Improvement.
8. Building Relationships –
? Builds trust.
? Can interact at all levels of management
9. Computer Capability –
? Effectively able to perform basic data entry without errors.
Section 7: Country Specifications
? Residency Required: Must be eligible to work in the United States.
? Language: English required.