Regional Fleet & Maintenance Manager LONG BEACH, California
Job Ref: 36274
Regional Fleet & Maintenance Manager
Director, Fleet & Maintenance
The Regional Fleet & Maintenance Manager is responsible for developing, evaluating, implementing and managing the maintenance programs to minimize costs and achieve optimum productivity and efficiency for operations. As well as oversee the maintenance and repair operations out of our main repair facility, the field’s commercial vehicles, and other associated equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
1. Develops, implements, and manages maintenance preventative programs
2. Develops, implements, and manages, in coordination with operations objectives, new maintenance programs to achieve optimum productivity and efficiency
3. Evaluates current in-house program for maintenance and repair of plant and equipment and makes continual changes to improve the program
4. Confers with departmental managers and outside vendors to improve productivity and efficiency
5. Evaluates equipment within his/her area of responsibility through data and cost analysis, makes decisions concerning rebuilding and replacing equipment
6. Develops, recommends, and manages all maintenance budgets
7. Negotiates and evaluates contracts and warranties with vendors, in conjunction with purchasing and other departments
8. Manages and develops personnel within his/her organization in partnership with site managers
9. Manages and maintains, in conjunction with EHS, all safety standards
10. Ensures that all facilities for which he/she is responsible, are in compliance with federal/state regulations and requirements
11. Develops, implements, and manages the inventory program for parts and supplies to support the ready mix and aggregate operations •
12. Adhere to all Company, Federal and State health, safety, environmental, OSHA ,MSHA, DOT, CARB rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
13. Meet or exceed company safety standards
14. Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
1. Intermediate Microsoft skills to include MS Word, Excel and Outlook
2. Ability to effectively motivate and lead personnel
3. Effective negotiation and presentation skills
4. Effective organizational and communication skills
5. Demonstrate knowledge of effective management and other best practices
6. Knowledge of industrial, DOT, CARB, environmental health and safety regulation
7. Demonstrate knowledge of fleet maintenance software
8. Ability to focus on task completion
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
2. 7 years' experience performing varied responsibilities related to plant production and maintenance, equipment maintenance, detecting and resolving production problems, plant safety of a mid or large size maintenance and repair organization, preferably service and repairs of commercial vehicles, plant equipment, yellow iron, light trucks and autos
3. 5 years in a supervisory role
4. Mechanical school certificate and/or ASE certification(s)
5. Bilingual Spanish
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
25 – 40% travel within assigned region, limited extended travel may be required.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management:
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.