Maintenance Supervisor LONG BEACH, California
Job Ref: 36273
The Maintenance Supervisor will oversee maintenance and repairs of fleet which consists of class 8 trucks, heavy machinery and equipment. As well as medium and light duty trucks. Must be well versed in DOT regulations pertaining to maintenance and repairs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Oversees the day-to-day operations of the maintenance department.
• Evaluates vehicle, machine and or equipment systems to determine maintenance or repairs that need to be performed.
• Assesses vehicle, machine and or equipment systems to plan work assignments and project schedules.
• Develops maintenance procedures and schedules.
• Ensures maintenance and repair work is completed correctly and in a timely manner consistent with SRT.
• Assists with departmental budget estimates and costs of specific repair projects.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Hires and trains maintenance department staff.
• Organizes and oversees the schedules and work of maintenance staff.
• Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
• Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
• Coaches and mentors maintenance staff.
• Professional attitude and performance must be met/kept at all times.
• Extensive knowledge of systems such as hydraulic, electrical, and HVAC.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to identify issues and determine repairs that are needed.
• Ability to plan maintenance schedules.
• Excellent management and supervisory skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, RTA is a big plus. Having experience with other maintenance software is a plus.
• Bilingual Spanish is a plus.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• At least five years of maintenance experience required.
• Driver’s license is required, CDL is a plus.
• Vocational/Technical or certification is a plus.
• Specialized training and experience in the diagnosis/troubleshooting of major components (engines, transmissions, differentials), OEM training courses, ASE Certification, and 608/609 certifications
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to traverse between facilities to diagnose maintenance issues and plan repairs or maintenance.
• Must be physically able to perform repairs when needed.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer as well as extensive walking at times.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or G.E.D. certificate
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management:
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.