Senior Engineering Manager TOTOWA, New Jersey
Job Ref: 36264
FOOD MANUFACTURING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
SENIOR ENGINEEERING MANAGER WHO WILL OVERSEA 3 PLANTS. ROCKAWAY, TOTOWA & SCOTIA, NY. LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING
- This is a highly experienced engineering leader with 10+ years of experience in engineering. They are ideally someone with experience in Food or Paperboard packaging; with both experience as an engineer who’s handled projects and lead engineering teams as their career has progressed.
- To be successful in this role, you must have previous experience in leading major capital investment activities. This person has brought in new manufacturing equipment to a factory but also executed major innovation projects with a focus on breakthrough of both technology and extensive experience in all aspects of new product development. The candidate will have strong previous experience in implementing Predictive Maintenance programs, as well as, know and have executed best practice project management methodology.
- This position will long term include key responsibilities such as:
- Development of an engineering and innovation strategy to in support of the Kari-Out’s short and long-term goals. This includes a “clean sheet” assessment of the company’s current state, a five-year future state vision of technology and a phased transition plan (including resource and investment requirements). Areas such as plant automation, reliability engineering, project management, etc.
- Partner with Plant Managers to develop robust maintenance and machine reliability programs and work to support Plant Engineering teams.
- Builds and maintains highly effective relationships with key external stakeholders, such as equipment vendors, suppliers, community organizations, etc. Leads as needed negotiation of contracts with project partners.
- Establishment and leadership of an efficient company-wide process to forecast and manage major capital expenditures.
- Ensures all engineering projects utilize best practices and methods from project inception through technology transfer and performance improvement; leverage post implementation assessments to validate project effectiveness
- Collaboration with other corporate resources as part of the New Product Development process to provide guidance on technical requirements in support of new products, etc.
- Ensure key projects are in compliance with all applicable laws, building codes, regulations, and ISO/other certification requirements.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate engineering innovation resources across the company, including the establishment of an engineering network to share best practices, etc.
- Creation of a culture where excellence in innovation, integrated solution development, project delivery and continuous learning are evident.
- Corporate Project Manager
- Design Engineering
- Packaging Innovation Engineer
Desired Education and Experience
- Highly experienced engineering leader with 10+ years of experience, preferably in a process-oriented operation and/or related industry (food, paper or plastic would be ideal).
- Proven track record of building a successful engineering team and collaborating with key Corporate and Supply Chain resources
- Demonstrated experience helping develop and utilize best practices to improve Preventative Maintenance Programs
- Experience driving engineering innovation through, automation, new processes, products or R&D equipment
- Experience developing new products, leading substrate change or improvements
- Led large scale change efforts and have a thorough understanding of project management, continuous improvement and extensive experience in the application and implementation of Lean and High Performing Teams.
- Demonstrated track record in partnering with other functions to develop and bring to market innovative new packaging ideas
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, planning skills and experience with the latest project and capital management software
- BA/BS in Engineering, with a Professional Engineering license in the State of New York or New Jersey
- Building highly effective, collaborative working relationships at all levels in the organization including senior leadership, inspiring trust and confidence in others.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing)
- Rapidly builds trust with fellow employees
- Effectively leading change in a small business environment
- High level of self-determination and self-management (gets things done)
- Detail oriented, tech savvy, willingness to continually learn and embrace new approaches (growth
- Bias to action, calmly solves problems, follow-throughs, holds self & others accountable, willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Highly organized, ability to work on multiple project and meet tight deadlines.
- Work comfortably in a constantly changing environment and demonstrate the ability to be resilient in the face of uncertainty and stress.
- Has a high capacity for learning and potential to grow into positions of increased responsibility
- Able to think out of box and conceptualize elegant solutions to meeting customer needs and tackle new growth opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skills interacting with all levels of the organization
- Solid fit with the Kari-Out’s values and culture
Compensation and Location
- The position provides a competitive base salary, an aggressive performance-based incentive plan, comprehensive benefits, and if required, relocation assistance.
- The position is based at the company headquarters currently in Tarrytown New York or at one of our facilities Scotia, NY or Totowa, NJ. Extensive travel and time in each of the company’s manufacturing sites, customers and suppliers required.