Maintenance Technician Saco, Maine
Job Ref: 36254
We need 2 Maintenance Techs here! One on days (7 am – 3:30 pm) and one for a split shift (12 noon – 7 or 8 pm), Mon – Fri with the occasional Saturday (1 or 2 Saturdays a month)
$18 – $26/hr, would prefer someone with good industrial manufacturing skills with a good balance of mechanical and electrical experience.
- Compliance with F.D.A., O.S.H.A., and Cape Seafood regulatory procedures. Follow all company GMPs and learn HACCP procedures.
- Assist with general maintenance of facility and production equipment including preventative maintenance, scheduled, unscheduled, emergency, and general repair of company assets during both operational and non-operational hours. This includes but is not limited to:
- Basic electrical work, carpentry, plumbing, fabrication, and painting of plant facilities as well as detection of faulty operations and defective material
- Machine maintenance, specifically including tasks such as: inspection of machines
- Performance of diagnostic tests, construction, troubleshooting, lubrication and cleaning of machinery components including gearboxes.
- Resolve mechanical issues in a timely manner, documenting activities accordingly.
- Initiate improvement on the functionality of machines and equipment to increase productivity and minimize downtime.
- Properly use of a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment
- Become the subject matter expert at higher level jobs
- Undertake other duties as assigned; our ideal candidate will wear many hats as duties vary from day to day
- Take responsibility for following all company best practices and policies regarding food safety in order to ensure safety of product. Continuously evaluate and work to improve the process
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent required.
- 2 to 4 years related experience
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- strong troubleshooting skills and self starter
- Be able to perform the job physically, including lifting up to 50 pounds and work in tight areas
- Reliable attendance and punctuality.
Expertise: Knowledge and Skills
- Required to apply intermediate working knowledge of technical field/area
- Exercises general application of principles, theories and concepts and proposes a course of action.
- Performs intermediate shop floor competencies
- Works under direct supervision and from detailed verbal and or written instructions.
- Uses established procedures to accomplish tasks
- Requires judgment in resolving problems
- contact is primarily with department supervisors, leads and peers occasional contact with external contractors and vendors.
- Mechanical gearboxes conveyors packing machines
- Basic knowledge of electrical wiring
- Boiler license a plus
- Food processing
- Ability to repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds and work in a loud, sometimes not temperature controlled environment.
- Experience operating a fork truck
- Plant maintenance background helpful
- Knowledge of Production Procedures
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Perishables / Seafood experience a plus
- LEAN experience a plus
- Prior International or Export experience preferred, but not required.
Must be flexible to be able to work early morning to late afternoon depending on the needs of the facility occasionally and be open to work weekends (about 2 Saturdays a month)
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive hourly pay with opportunity for growth
- Paid vacation + sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance on a national PPO network with company premium contributions
- Low-asset fee 401k retirement plan after 1 year, there is a match
- Casual dress code