Maintenance Supervisor Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Job Ref: 36253
The Maintenance Supervisor will lead our 2nd shift maintenance team in implementing maintenance and reliability strategy aimed at reducing downtime and extending manufacturing equipment’s life while maximizing labor and cost efficiency. This position will be responsible for setting work priorities for technicians on 2nd shift. Supervisor will insure full utilization of all maintenance information systems (CMMS) and will be responsible for the accuracy, management and direction in controlling parts inventory storerooms. This position reports to the Plant Maintenance Manager.
We offer competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short-term disability, 401K with company match, and PTO. We provide uniforms, safety shoes and work related PPE and gear. We offer apprenticeship programs for those who excel and prove to be a good fit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and develop the 2nd shift Maintenance Team with direction from Maintenance Manager.
- Execute all maintenance activities with special attention to regulatory requirements that may apply, e.g. OSHA rules, EPA regulations, USDA requirements, state and local environmental regulations. Ensure all safety requirements are clearly defined in all maintenance planning.
- Direct and maintain planned and predictive maintenance procedures and as required. Help to analyze historical data in order to take action to mitigate re occurring issues.
- Ensure, in advance, the availability of all materials and tools necessary to complete planned tasks with collaboration from 1st shift Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Manager.
- Execute all payroll and performance management accountabilities for direct reports.
- Aid in getting maintenance personnel trained in proper maintenance reporting procedures for out-of-specification findings, and in the use of CMMS software as a maintenance management tool.
- Drive and improve the workflow of work orders within the CMMS system. Analyze and track data to look for Continuous Improvement and cost saving opportunities.
- Review completed work orders for completeness and accuracy, update and supervise updating of machinery history data in the CMMS system. Implement and manage PM auditing program tracked in CMMS, Develop reports from CMMS system to report on KPI’s.
- Responsible for part inventory management.
- Assist Maintenance Manager in contractor qualification and performance management as it relates to 2nd shift projects.
- Provide weekend Plant Maintenance coverage as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience with CMMS systems or similar software.
- This is a hands on position that is required during troubleshooting and equipment downtime.
- Working knowledge of basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, word, excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to lead and direct a crew of up to 10 Maintenance Technicians.
EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two years of experience in the supervision of day-to-day preventive and predictive maintenance in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Five years plant maintenance experience. Food industry experience preferred.
- Vendor and contractor relations experience is helpful.
- Associates Degree in a technical area and/or completion of an apprenticeship program or equivalent time in Maintenance field preferred.