Maintenance & Engineering Manager City of Industry, California
Job Ref: 36241
Food & Beverage strongly preferred
Weighted more on the Maintenance Management side versus engineering
will have a plant engineer, facility engineer , Maintenance planner as well EMT's and Automation Technicians.
Maintenance and Engineering Department Manager
- Ensures compliance with all Health & Safety and Food Safety regulations.
- Manage your direct reports to ensure they are developing and meeting expectations and commitments
- Understand the issues being worked within your department and ensure thorough action plans exist
- Aligns team agenda with Annual Operating Plan objectives. Maintains spending to budget.
- Deliver the forecast for maintenance budgets including adequate controls and corrections
- Leads maintenance team to achieve performance standards with regards to PM completion, troubleshooting, root cause analysis (breakdown analysis).
- Oversees and assures facility equipment reliability to minimize downtime.
- Effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Identify gaps in performance, investigate root cause effectively and efficiently and implement counter measures to eliminate recurrence.
- Administer company policies, procedures, and the collective bargaining agreement within the department
- Ensure the capital budget is funded and resourced to meet plant needs
- Coordinate the activities of all internal and project engineers working on capital projects in the facility
- Ensure all capital projects meet the plant standards, and execution meets all plant policies add processes
- Ensure project engineers are following the plant process for capital project approval
- Complete the implementation of processes to ensure projects are successfully integrated into CI. This includes:
- A control process (ETP) that ensures projects are correctly approved, communicated, resourced and scheduled
- A project leadership system that ensures plant ownership of a project
- Success criteria definition and closeout to ensure all stake holders agree that projects are truly complete and successful
- Ensure the turnover of all project documentation (drawings, SOPs, etc.)
- Ensure expenses are correctly charged to projects
- Supports PM program for the site as the pillar leader
- Aligns on PM plan to achieve site, Division/Chilled and National goals
- Participate in Site Leadership Team activities and discussions, providing your opinion and point of view
- Support and reinforce SLT initiatives with your team and the rest of the plant.
Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure that front line supervisors and teams are developed and held accountable for achieving individual, team and business unit goals
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long- term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership while driving business changes and minimizing people impact
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly and salaried personnel
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Motivate and hold team members accountable to achieve plan goals
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables, etc.)
- Work closely with suppliers and internal customers to deliver expected results
- Administer policies and procedures
- Initiate and implement projects
- Conduct presentations and formal training programs
- Seek out and implement best practices
- Solve daily operational issues
- This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
- This role may operate forklift and manufacturing equipment occasionally
- This role may require off-shift and weekend work
- This role may require some travel (less than 5%)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project.
- A minimum of 5 years of operations maintenance experience preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to think quickly, take initiative, think creatively and challenge team to do the same
- Must possess strong skills in project management
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment while making decisions quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring others
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States