Production Supervisor Prosperity, South Carolina
Job Ref: 36236
MANUFACTURING PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR OPENINGS IN PROSPERITY SC
SHIFTS AVAILABLE: 2nd shift: 3pm-11pm OR 3rd shift: 11pm-7am
MUST HAVE A STRONG FOOD BACKGROUND IN HIGH SPEED MANUFACTURING & MUST HAVES:
- Experience building a team through engagement and participations ( people skills)
- Problem Solving Lean background or skills
- Great Communication Skills
- Cognitive Intellect- Preference is to have a college degree
- Technical Skills – Mechanical Aptitude
- Stability ( 3-5 years at each position) prefer to see progression
- Managing, maintaining, and establishing operating procedures for production lines in a food manufacturing environment to ensure production meets or falls below budget.
- Ensure all products are of the highest quality.
- Managing production lines by reviewing and completing production paperwork.
- Ensuring schedule attainment for customer satisfaction.
- Developing and maintaining SOP’s.
- Developing and maintaining product quality standards.
- Developing and maintaining associate safety standards.
- Develop associate and supervisor skills by conducting training meetings; one on one development sessions; and establishing and monitoring performance reviews for supervisors.
- Setting and maintaining departmental budget by reviewing financial statements; monitoring line efficiencies; monitoring labor cost; and extraneous expenses.
- Designing and developing future production capacities by participating in design meetings; coordinating with Research & Development regarding product changes and improvements; and updating SOP’s to incorporate the changes.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior supervision experience in a food manufacturing / production environment
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Good computer skills
- Experience building a team through employee engagement
- Lean manufacturing background/experience
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Supervisory responsibilities include monitoring associate performance for a regular group or work unit. This includes providing input on hiring; disciplinary actions; work objectives and their effectiveness and realigning production as needed
- Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements, such as dirt, dust, fumes, extreme temperatures, humidity, darkness, and/or noise.
- Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks, such as working around mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
- Position requires the ability to stand; sit at a desk; walking around office and plant; lifting and carrying packages up to 50 pounds; utilizing fine dexterity; and reaching, kneeling, crawling and twisting to inspect equipment. Also requires the ability to see; hear; and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.