Materials Planning Manager Riverside, California
Job Ref: 36224
LOOKING FOR A PRODUCTION PLANNING MANAGER TO LEAD THE PRODUCTION PLANNERS AT THE PLANT. DUSTY ENVIROMENT AND BUILDING MATERIALS MANUFACTURING. 80-85K PLUS BONUS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH PRODUCTION PLANNING LEADERSHIP SKILLS AND MANAGEMENT. RIVERSIDE CA DIRECT HIRE. STRONG SAP & JD EDWARDS AND 2 DIRECT REPORT PRODUCTION PLANNERS.
Title: Materials Manager
Location: Riverside, CA
Reports To: Plant Manager
Broad Function and Purpose of Position: To manage the overall supply chain and purchasing requirements of the company's line of products. This position will champion supply chain initiatives and support the department’s strategic goals and objectives. Primary responsibility will be ensuring product availability within the agreed lead-times in all the stocking locations supplied by the Riverside plant while meeting inventory targets. Maintain Operations aligned with the Business
• Plan materials to support the production and supply of company's products Technical Mortars meeting service and lead-time commitments
• Analyze forecast and actual sales history for trends and maintain optimal safety stock and inventory levels to ensure product availability
• Be responsible for the accuracy of the data in SAP that drivers the system interface and subsequent output (delivery dates, lead-times, minimum order quantity, safety stock, etc.)
• Actively participate and drive in efforts to lower or increase inventory levels in line with plant strategic goals
• Represent Riverside Supply Chain in Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning meetings
• Source, Purchase, Plan and Schedule the movement of raw materials, finished goods and related materials of the company through production and inventory process
• Coordinate and follow up with production, warehouse, logistics and engineering personnel to ensure appropriate scheduling and movement of materials
• Maintain communication with the Business through Customer Care and Sales Managers in order to keep a good alignment with Operations
• BS or advanced degree in Engineering, Production, Supply Chain or related field
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain
• Good verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills, and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
• Project Management experience
• Good knowledge of SAP
• Knowledge of JDE preferred
• Good understanding of quality management ISO 9001
• Self-motivated, highly organized, goal-oriented and driven towards continuous improvement.