Electro-Mechanic Riverside, California
Job Ref: 36223
Job Title: Maintenance Technician (strong electrical)
Reports To: Assistant Maintenance Manager
Work independently and with other plant personnel to perform reactive, preventative and predictive maintenance tasks on production and facilities equipment. Troubleshoot and repair issues and failures of production and facilities equipment and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, procedures, goals and objectives of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Problem solve machine down time, resolve issues and make suggestions for improvement.
• Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment as needed.
• Coordinate with external maintenance/repair contractors or OEM service as necessary.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Repair, install, replace and maintain plant equipment such as mixers, conveyors, compressors, and pumps.
• Repairs and maintains the physical structure of the establishment.
• Performs upgrades to building, machinery or equipment as required.
• Responds to equipment breakdowns in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Repair or replace control devices such as switches, photo eyes, proximity sensors, pushbuttons, contactors, motor starters, physical structures, and pipe/electrical systems.
• Support the TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) program by learning the process, completing TPM actions according to schedule and keeping appropriate records of actions.
• Assist with leading the preventative maintenance process, defining processes, driving improvements and achieving KPI targets
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Controls downtime by properly scheduling and informing production/plant personnel of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
• Provide project support and or leadership to the manufacturing operation
• Observes safety policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as required.
• One year certificate from college, military or technical school, plus one year of industrial maintenance experience.
• Must be able to understand PLUC Programming Languages, Input/Output systems
• Proficient with MS Office and computerized equipment for diagnostic purposes.
• Must be able to read and interpret electrical and mechanical prints.
• Must be able to effectively use electronic and mechanical test equipment required to perform essential duties
• Skilled Problem solving – Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic.
• Understanding of production processes & technical troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills.
• Continuous improvement or process improvement experience.
• Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) experience preferred.
• Effective communication skills with the ability to facilitate projects/initiatives.
• Time management, delegation and organization skills with strong problem solving ability.
• Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) experience.
• Spanish a plus Additional Skills:
• Should be familiar with controllers and HMI screens.
• Experienced with Maintenance / PM robots and conveyors
• Must be able to test and diagnose AC circuits that are 480, 220, 120 volts
• Must be able to install pvc / cpvc fittings
• Must be able to replace motors, switches, relays, and solenoid valves
• Should be familiar with dust collectors
• Should be familiar with silos
• Should be familiar with dry bagging systems