Mobile Mechanic Ocala,
Job Ref: 36219
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the safe and efficient preventative maintenance/lubrication/repair activities of the quarry/plant mobile equipment. The Mobile Mechanic will deal with all PM activities related to mobile equipment; greasing/oiling, maintaining filters etc.. Troubleshoot mechanical/electrical issues with mobile equipment, such as service truck, excavator, bulldozer, etc.,
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in shop area.
- Visual inspections of all mobile equipment in plant/quarry.
- All PM activities related to mobile equipment; greasing/oiling, maintaining filters etc.
- Troubleshoot mechanical/electrical issues with mobile equipment.
- Operate service truck and other equipment to replace components of failed equipment. Not limited to service truck, excavator, bulldozer, etc.
- General mechanic work involving hand tools and air powered tools.
- Complete work place exams and equipment pre-shift inspections noting any safety or equipment defects.
- Generate necessary documents as defined by the quality system.
- Maintain documentation of performed repairs and provide recommendations for suggested work
- Communicate defects to manager.
- Follow Safe Quality Food guidelines.
- Knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office, experience with computers, document control, and presentation skills.
- Good organizational and detail skills are require
- Attend scheduled safety meetings.
- Enforce all applicable safety policies.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Promote safety among co-workers.
- Participate in Behavior Based Safety program.
- To back up any qualified position as assigned by supervisor.
- To be backed up by any qualified team member as assigned by supervisor.
- Understand and work within Safe Quality Food certification requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving – uses logic and methods to help solve plant operating problems.
- Communication Skills – clear written and verbal instructions and notes are essential.
- Working Knowledge – must understand the mechanics of the mobile equipment.
- Must be capable of working any shift, overtime, be on-call, or work seven days a week, if needed.
- Must be able to multiple tasks with a strong sense of urgency to meet the customer needs.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and take instructions from management and co-workers.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Must possess the basic reading and math skills
- Must have good written and verbal communicate skills.
- Strong record of attendance reliability
- Safety Oriented with the ability to work well within a team environment.
- Must be capable of performing the essential job duties required of this job
Physical Demands include, but are not limited to:
- Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
- Must be physically capable of accessing all plant locations.
- Access all areas within a site which could include heights of 120 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
- Will be working at times in covered environment but mainly in a mining environment.
- The employee will be exposed to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Mineral Particles.
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
- Ability to consistently lift over 50 pounds as needed.
Required Experience: Previous maintenance experience is preferred. Must have three to five years of work experience in fast paced manufacturing environment.
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
For this position, being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.