Sanitation Technician Lake Forest, California
Job Ref: 36217
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
The Sanitation Technician I is a member of the Sanitation team which is responsible for overall cleanliness of the entire Manufacturing plant by keeping it clean and in orderly condition. This position will support major clean activities and other cleaning duties, such as floors, rest rooms, break rooms, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. In addition, this position will be responsible for laundry and performing routine ground maintenance activities notifying management of the need for facility repairs, and major cleaning needs.
TECH I DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
• Must follow all safety policies and procedures at all times including the proper use of PPE
• Must follow cGMP’s, SOP’s, and SOP’s at all times.
• Follow safety, food regulatory and operating procedures
• Perform various tasks while standing, lifting, crouching, etc. during long periods of time.
• Follow routine verbal and written instructions.
• Perform LOTO procedures.
• Perform Building and ground inspections.
• Understand the sanitation process
• Preform Chemical Controls:
• Prepare cleaning solutions per SOP and dispense in proper chemical containers for use.
• Titrate Chemicals before use and Log.
• Ensure proper labeling and safety of chemical containers.
• Ensure compliance with Herbalife and regulatory requirements.
• Mix water and detergents in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications
• Under guidance, dismantle, clean, and reassemble machine/production equipment for major clean per SWIs/SSOP’s.
• Mezzanine-Green and Blue line
• Packaging line- Green and Blue
• Packaging line- Orange
• Assist in all other areas-Major cleans
Master Sanitation Schedule/eMaint system.
• Documentation of completed tasks.
• Review and update scheduled items in process
• Execute MSS/eMaint tasks
• Maintain sanitation equipment (high pressure guns, portable foamers, scrubbers, tools, and equipment, etc.)
• Assist in Environmental and Drain swabbing
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
• Dust furniture, walls, and warehouse shelves.
• Gather and empty trash.
• Service, clean, and supply: restrooms, supply cage and break room including coffee area and refrigerators.
• Restock supplies and notify supervisor concerning the need for supplies.
• Clean outside grounds of paper, trash, and debris
• Clean trash disposal, and card board area
• Monitor building cleanliness and safety by performing such tasks as placing caution signs as needed ensuring hazards are not created
• Safely move heavy supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
• Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
• Ability to understand, speak, read and write in the English language
• Must be able to lift at least 55 lbs
• Follow written and verbal instruction
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve.
• Experience in food, beverage or dairy processing/manufacturing environment
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Prior cGMP training
• Prior experience in a food manufacturing environment
• Prior sanitation experience
• Basic understanding of sanitation processes and related equipment.